Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: Downton Abbey 31M, Ad Astra 19.2M Rambo 19M, It2 17.2M, Hustlers 17M

4 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Mildly shocked at that Downton number. I knew it had a cult in America but I didn't think that translated to 31m on an OW. 

The power of old people! 52% of the audience was over 55.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/downton-abbey-box-office-bow-shows-baby-boomers-flexing-might-1241768

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

21 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Hustlers hold looks average to me. There is literally nothing else hitting the demo.  It's a win all around but certainly not the juggernaut it's been made out to be. 

Didn’t Hustlers also have an older audience? I’d say it’s as big a win as its being made out to be. 

20 hours ago, a2k said:

Hustlers should end up well below Girls Trip and even Bad Moms. 

Those two were straight up comedies and had summer release dates. The other comparisons were a mix of PG13 comedies and musicals. 

6 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Mildly shocked at that Downton number. I knew it had a cult in America but I didn't think that translated to 31m on an OW. 

Season 3 aired an episode against the Super Bowl in 2012 and still got over 10 million viewers...live.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Today is the last day to join in on all the film fun for Year 6, but you can still participate in the reviewing/Oscars process and join Y7 or future years.

Here’s some of the big films this year: Mass Effect 2, the beloved space opera finale Spark: A Hero’s Promise, an animated adaptation of Super Mario Bros, biblical epic Children of Eden, chilling thriller Borassca, coming of age comedy by Olivia Wilde, Thirsty, live action Nicktoon adaptation from Gore Verbinski; XJ9 Re-Birth, the trilogy end of the Pokémon franchise and many more.