Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: Downton Abbey 31M, Ad Astra 19.2M Rambo 19M, It2 17.2M, Hustlers 17M

26 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

:wintf:

New to tracking horror films? None the less horror sequels lol

No I'm not, but I had the sentiment that It transcended the horror norms at the box office because of how big and popular it is. Horror is typically very frontloaded because you have your teens and young adult crowd who rush to see it opening weekend and then don't bother to come back. I just thought It would be different.

• ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Fall is already off to a fantastic start. It was needed.

Yep, and only a mere two weeks until THE event of the Fall!

Actually, even though most box office folks consider November to be part of the "holiday" time of year, I consider November to be Fall as well so Frozen II actually gets that title, but whatever.

13 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Actually, even though most box office folks consider November to be part of the "holiday" time of year, I consider November to be Fall as well so Frozen II actually gets that title, but whatever.

I can see the box office good fortunes extending throughout October honestly. In addition to Joker, there's also Gemini Man, Maleficent 2, and Zombieland 2 likely to keep the marketplace alive as well.

14 minutes ago, JB33 said:

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

Honestly 20m would be a better than expected start for a weird, contemplative sci-fi movie with a late marketing start and little buzz beyond Pitt fans and critical darlings. I think that's good for Ad Astra, idk. I never had very high expectations for the box office, even when people were launching clubs on here. I'm just glad it is a great movie making decent enough money.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Honestly 20m would be a better than expected start for a weird, contemplative sci-fi movie with a late marketing start and little buzz beyond Pitt fans and critical darlings. I think that's good for Ad Astra, idk. I never had very high expectations for the box office, even when people were launching clubs on here. I'm just glad it is a great movie making decent enough money.

And given how Disney's been fumbling the ball with their Fox slate so far this year, it could've been worse.

6 minutes ago, cookie said:

And given how Disney's been fumbling the ball with their Fox slate so far this year, it could've been worse.

Disney fumbling the ball how, exactly?

More like they inherited a really weak 2019 Fox slate.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Disney fumbling the ball how, exactly?

More like they inherited a really weak 2019 Fox slate.

Yeah it’s basically this, Ford vs Ferrari, and some of the searchlight stuff (we await Spies in Disguise). Other films like Art of Racing in the rain were DOA