filmlover

Golden Globe Nominations 2019

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

de niro was better than any of the guys they actually nominated (except haven't seen 2 popes). he'd be my pick for best actor right now

Driver and Phoenix were both so showy, but De Niro in that phone call scene alone gave a better performance. Such a subtle, internal and fantastic turn. I hope he wins the Oscar, but it's gonna go to Kylo or the clown.

• ...wtf 1

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2019/golden-globes-apple-tv-servant-m-night-shyamalan-3842059611/

A two-time Emmy nominee for “Six Feet Under,” Lauren Ambrose has top billing in “Servant,” but her co-star Toby Kebbell might stand an even better chance at a nomination.

This + no Lupita =

tumblr_mgu9yzZNpY1qerpqao16_r1_250.gif

• Like 1

What a disgrace!! Todd Philips over Noah. 

Snubbing Lupita, Watchmen, Pugh. 

Lupita is far better than most of the actresses this year. She is not here because she is not white. 

I hate Globes for doing this. Can I ask why the hell is Cate Blanchett (I love her btw) nominated? 

This is biased a hell. 

• Like 3

Driver has a few scenes where he's definitely acting with an A, and Phoenix is like that for the bulk of Joker. I can see why awards shows would go for that over De Niro, I guess, even if he gave a stronger performance

Just now, LegionofDoom said:

Lupita is far better than most of the actresses this year. She is not here because she is not white. 

I hate Globes for doing this. Can I ask why the hell is Cate Blanchett (I love her btw) nominated? 

Your first theory goes out the window when they just nominated Cynthia Erivo in that same category.

As for the other, the HFPA are shameless starfuckers as proven time and time again and Blanchett is one more big name at the ceremony despite her film being a total no1curr flop. Too bad they couldn't have used that spot to resurrect someone like, say, Julianne Moore in Gloria Bell.

Just now, LegionofDoom said:

It's very disappointing to see Globes doing this. Snubbing everything that's not white

Here we go... change the name to the White Globes, amirite? Give me a break... :rolleyes:

There will always be snubs, and a lot of times it's down to petty shit like De Niro not being liked by the group, Phoenix not having a good history with AMPAS, the HFPA just liking certain big names, personal likes and dislikes, etc. It's not always about racism, sexism, homophobia and so on.

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

MS = Martin Scorsese

Joker and Marty have nothing in common beyond few direct references and elements (like many movies inspired by other movies do, Tarantino does that the most), their directing styles, visual styles, cinematography, other filmmaking aspects, scenes, humor etc are completely different.