DeeCee

TV General Discussion Thread | New Shows | Cancelled Shows | Ratings | Network Shows | Cable Shows | Streaming Shows

I finished the first season of His Dark Materials and the show is excellent. Incredible visuals, and every actor is great in it, every episode is exciting and well paced. I feel like if it was on Netflix outside of the UK instead of HBO it would be very popular worldwide. People are kind of missing out on it. There was so much talk about which show would be the next Game Of Thrones, and we have the perfect one right here. 

Edited by Napoleon

11 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I finished the first season of His Dark Materials and the show is excellent. Incredible visuals, and every actor is great in it, every episode is exciting and well paced. I feel like if it was on Netflix outside of the UK instead of HBO it would be very popular worldwide. People are kind of missing out on it. There was so much talk about which show would be the next Game Of Thrones, and we have the perfect one right here. 

The show is held back by budget limitations and some story choices that make the episodes sag a bit. Needed to be a bit tighter, and also a bit more dough in the pot.

Edited by 4815162342

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 3:18 PM, 4815162342 said:

The show is held back by budget limitations and some story choices that make the episodes sag a bit. Needed to be a bit tighter, and also a bit more dough in the pot.

Still a hell of a lot better then the ill fated movie version of the novels.

On 2/26/2020 at 12:06 AM, Napoleon said:

I feel like if it was on Netflix outside of the UK instead of HBO it would be very popular worldwide. People are kind of missing out on it. There was so much talk about which show would be the next Game Of Thrones, and we have the perfect one right here.

Why would HBO be a bad place for the next HBO's Game of Thrones?

The TV series inspired by the praised 2018 movie Love, Simon is moving from Disney+ to the Disney-controlled Hulu streaming service. The half-hour comedy, which will be re-titled Love, Victor after its protagonist, will debut in June, LGBTQ Pride month.

On 2/27/2020 at 2:29 AM, MrGlass2 said:

Why would HBO be a bad place for the next HBO's Game of Thrones?

Because they are airing it on Mondays not on their prime spot on Sundays at 9, and it's a co-production, it doesn't get the same attention. Netflix is a better platform for good shows to find an audience these days, especially worldwide.

16 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Homeland has been fantastic again since last season, and the previous two seasons were good too. It's sad people moved on from the show after the horrible seasons 3 and 4.

I can’t remember where I lost track as it’s been so long since I last watched but my issue was waiting to buy the next season used blu Ray. Never got to it but it was certainly binge worthy when I was watching. Could probably start over once it’s all on blu 

• Like 1

TV productions delayed/postponed/paused by COVID-19 pandemic. Should not affect episodes that have already been filmed. For example, 21 of 25 Grey's Anatomy eps were completed before production was shut down last week.

as of March 16

BROADCAST
ACM Awards (CBS)
All Rise (CBS)
American Housewife (ABC)
America’s Got Talent (NBC)
American Ninja Warrior (NBC)
The Amazing Race (CBS)
The Bachelorette (ABC)
Batwoman (The CW)
The Blacklist (NBC)
Bob Hearts Abishola (CBS)
The Brides (ABC)
Bull (CBS)
Card Sharks (ABC)
Charmed (the CW)
Chicago Fire (NBC)
Chicago P.D. (NBC)
Chicago Med (NBC)
Claws (TNT)
Dynasty (The CW)
Empire (Fox)
FBI (CBS)
FBI: Most Wanted (CBS)
The Flash (The CW)
General Hospital (ABC)
God Friended Me (CBS)
The Goldbergs (ABC)
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC)
Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)
Last Man Standing (Fox)
Law & Order: SVU (NBC)
The Late Late Show with James Corden (CBS)
Late Night with Seth Meyers (NBC)
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (CBS)
Nancy Drew (the CW)
NCIS (CBS)
NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS)
NCIS: New Orleans (CBS)
The Neighborhood (CBS)
New Amsterdam (NBC)
NexT (Fox)
The Price Is Right (CBS)
The Resident (Fox)
Riverdale (The CW)
Schooled (ABC)
SEAL Team (CBS)
Supergirl (The CW)
Supernatural (The CW)
Superstore (NBC)
Survivor (CBS)
The Talk (CBS)
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (NBC)
Young Sheldon (CBS)

CABLE
Atlanta (FX)
The Bold Type (Freeform)
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah (Comedy Central)
Euphoria (HBO)
Fargo (FX)
Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)
Full Frontal with Samantha Bee (TBS)
Genius: Aretha (National Geographic Channel)
Home & Family (Hallmark Channel)
Kennedy (Fox Business)
Last Week Tonight With John Oliver (HBO; last show 3/15)
Lights Out with David Spade (Comedy Central)
Pennyworth (Epix)
Pose (FX)
Queen of the South (USA)
Queen Sugar (OWN)
Real Time With Bill Maher (HBO; last show 3/13)
The Righteous Gemstones (HBO)
Snowfall (FX)
Snowpiercer (TNT)
Trish Regan Primetime (Fox Business)
The Walking Dead (TNT, delayed)
Watch What Happens Live (Bravo)
Y (FX)

STREAMING
Angelyne (Peacock)
Big Shot (Disney+)
Carnival Row (Amazon Prime)
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+)
The Flight Attendant (HBO Max)
For All Mankind (Apple TV+)
Foundation (Apple TV+)
Grace and Frankie (Netflix)
The Handmaid’s tale (Hulu)
The Good Fight (CBS All Access)
Lisey’s Story (Apple TV+)
Little America (Apple TV+)
Locki (Disney+)
Lucifer (Netflix)
Mankind (Apple TV+)
The Morning Show (Apple TV+)
Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet (Apple TV+)
The Orville (Hulu)
Peaky Blinders (Netflix)
Pen15 (Hulu)
Russian Doll (Netflix)
Rutherford Falls (Peacock)
See (Apple TV+)
Servant (Apple TV+)
Sex/Life (Netflix)
Stranger Things (Netflix)
Varsity Blues (Quibi)
WandaVision (Disney+)
The Wheel of Time (Amazon)
The Witcher (Netflix)

SYNDICATION
The Ellen DeGeneres Show
Family Feud
The Kelly Clarkson Show
The Mel Robbins Show
Tamron Hall
The Wendy Williams Show
  • Thanks 1

Giving Hunters on Amazon a shot. It’s a bit of struggle. The tone is all over the place and Logan Lerman’s character is supposed to be smart but he keeps doing really dumb and naive things. 

Finished Tiger King today. Never went to that mini zoo and rarely go to zoos anyway but I found the story interesting and a few of the characters interesting. No one is portrayed as a saint or above the fray in the documentary and I can see the need for the tiger cubs even though it's such a short window of profitability since there are only 4k actual tigers in the wild currently. The film also made me wonder how these businesses are coping in the the economic crisis since feeding adult big cats can be from 3-10k per cat and there's probably no revenue coming into these places right now. 

Edited by nghtvsn

On 3/31/2020 at 5:11 PM, nghtvsn said:

Finished Tiger King today. Never went to that mini zoo and rarely go to zoos anyway but I found the story interesting and a few of the characters interesting. No one is portrayed as a saint or above the fray in the documentary and I can see the need for the tiger cubs even though it's such a short window of profitability since there are only 4k actual tigers in the wild currently. The film also made me wonder how these businesses are coping in the the economic crisis since feeding adult big cats can be from 3-10k per cat and there's probably no revenue coming into these places right now. 

Why? Did you not get the underlying point that this should not be happening?  

On 4/8/2020 at 9:26 AM, LukeLuke said:

Hi,

I hope everyone will be fine.

I need some help .

nowadays I am at home due to COVID-19.I feel much bore.

any one suggest me good tv shows which can reduce my boring routine.

i have little idea about it 

thanks in advanced.

1. Ozark 

2. Tiger King

3. I'm not okay with this

All on Netflix for your viewing pleasure. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 7:30 PM, DeeCee said:

Why? Did you not get the underlying point that this should not be happening?  

Cubs eventually become adults and can then be put in zoos or remain in mini zoos. What's the problem...yea yea...you don't care when they go extinct as long as their in the wild... 

It's exhausting.

17 hours ago, nghtvsn said:

Cubs eventually become adults and can then be put in zoos or remain in mini zoos.

It would have imagine that the demands for cubs would be magnitude higher than for adults and that the adult lifetime is magnitude longer than the cubs lifetime making the solution of killings a percentage of them almost inevitable or least the externality of their later in life costs is not fully taken by those who profits of the cubs (by selling them or having fun with them), now it is still a debate if it is a bad think if they are killed in a way that cause no suffering but I really doubt that all cubs become adults.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nghtvsn said:

Cubs eventually become adults and can then be put in zoos or remain in mini zoos. What's the problem...yea yea...you don't care when they go extinct as long as their in the wild... 

It's exhausting.

That’s not how it works.