DeeCee

TV General Discussion Thread | New Shows | Cancelled Shows | Ratings | Network Shows | Cable Shows | Streaming Shows

Finally finished Shogun last night (been making my way through some of the Emmy contenders I haven't watched yet in time for Wednesday, almost done with Under the Bridge as well). I'm so glad there's going to be more! Superb series.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2024 at 6:37 AM, filmlover said:

Finally finished Shogun last night (been making my way through some of the Emmy contenders I haven't watched yet in time for Wednesday, almost done with Under the Bridge as well). I'm so glad there's going to be more! Superb series.

Now I hope they do Clavell's "Tai Pan" as a follow up....

Neflix has ,according to Variety, pulled the "BIoshock" movie out of development hell but at a smaller budget.

I have no doubt the sucess of Fallout is what led to this.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

I just read Roland Emmerich might be directing a TV Miniseries about Lawrence of Arabia.

I am not aginast a new look at Lawrence..the David Lean film leaves a lot of his life out...but I cannot think of a worse choice of director then Emmerich. This , if it happens, is going to be total POS if Emmerich helms us. He nowhere has the kind of sbutlery and ability to handle complex materail the subject requires. Not to mentio his preivous attempts at historical films.. 'The Patriot""Stonewall" and, worst of all "Anonymous" have all sucked bigtime.