RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I see absolutely no proof that this film was a co-production with Marvel Studios, so I don't know where anyone is getting that from. The Spider-Man movies look like MCU movies, Madame Web does not. 

Feige has been careful to distnace Marvel Studios from the  Live Action Spidey Spinoff films. I don't see that changing.

4 minutes ago, DInky said:

It might make less at the box office  but it also costs a lot less so The Marvels will probably still be the bigger money loser.

I agree; I just don't think this will even do Marvels numbers.

Fact is, with a charecer this obscure, the Spideyverse connection does not mean much at the box office.

So Dakota Johnson is wildly miscast...wildly.  She is the worst part of the trailer...by far.

That said, I like the rest of the trailer.  Of course, hating the acting of the main lead is probably gonna be a problem for enjoyment of the film...although maybe if I watch the trailer enough during the NFL games (since I'm sure this will be like Marvels, and be on every Sunday now), she'll grow on me...

Maybe I am a very audience with trailers with song a like, but I envoyed it quite a bit.

Long time tv First time movie director, but Sony spider-man universe has been more good than bads for what they try to do, obviously the animated reaching more superbe high than live action, Lorenzo and other really big names producing.

Assuming Rothman keeping price down was applied here.

Edited by Barnack

12 hours ago, Manny G said:

This looks extremely cheap and student film like. Even their every day outfits come off so costumy; you’re the sporty one, you’re the sexy one,  you’re the nerdy one. Good thing is it can be that much of a disaster if it’s really that cheap.

also having Dakota Johnson as your lead and narrator is a choice. 

It's soo dumb they tried to make Sydney Sweeney the nerdy one. Yea fucking right. 

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

I agree; I just don't think this will even do Marvels numbers.

Fact is, with a charecer this obscure, the Spideyverse connection does not mean much at the box office.

julia carpenter is not obscure. In comics related groups, there's people wanting to see this because of julia. Nobody for cassandra