RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

47 minutes ago, TommyOliver said:

This looks like shit. I laughed at the timing of another all girl team after what just happened to the Marvels. I think this movie makes about twelve dollars at the box office.

they seem to think women will automatically flock to these types of movies but as we saw with the Charlie’s Angels reboot, Birds of Prey, and now The Marvels, this is not the case 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

they seem to think women will automatically flock to these types of movies but as we saw with the Charlies’s Angels reboot, Birds of Prey, and now The Marvels, this is not the case 

Don't forget Ocean's 8 and Ghostbusters (2016). If studios are gonna keep aiming these types of movies at women they need to go full bore with it. Give every chick in the movie their own personal "love triangle", make the female lead as average looking as possible, while making the dudes as model handsome as possible, then have them defeat the big bad She-Hulk style, where they completely mock the whole genre. Lol

11 hours ago, dudalb said:

People here are trying to talk themsleves into going to see this film?

Life is too short for that; if a film looks not very good, don't go.

My first thoughts on seeing the movie was that it looked less like a Superhero movie than a midbudget genre movie with sci-fi elements. Probably a waste of time to see but an enjoyable 90 minute movie and you'd randomly catch 5% of these on cable and it would be fine.  I think the reactions are hyperbolic. It's not being judged against a 150M budgeted tentpole film, it just looks like a random,non-event movie to my eyes.

11 hours ago, fede75 said:

if you paid attention, at least is clear Julia carpenter will have a future related with the mcu

Is Marvel really lobbying for revisiting old terms to marginal shared characters?

[2012 contract] - Jessica Drew [original Spider-Woman] is “shared” with constraints. Marvel cannot portray Jessica with any “Spider” elements.  No Spider powers.  No “Spider” in her name.  Costume is not “Spider-Man-like”. [TBD] if same approach for Julia Carpenter and Arachne.

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

you gotta use twitter.com instead of x.com

38 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Not the worst thing to happen to this movie. Any viral attention is at least attention. It could do Morbius numbers if this catches on, which is honestly not bad for this.