RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

8 hours ago, Bob Train said:

It is doubtful the budget for this is over 70m. I believe this will turn a profit like Morbius

If thr whole film looks like this, and the budget is in the north of 100 Million area, then some people working on the film need to be indicted for fraud and embezellment, because the money sure as hell is not going up on the screen.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, Valencia said:

We already saw the effect of viral internet meme campaigns for D list CBM movies with Morbius.

It doesn't help lol.

Morbius was a box office smash compared to many CBM this year. It cleared Blue Beetle, Shazam 2, and came close to Flash/Marvels, despite having a significantly lower budget than any of those. 

1 hour ago, Valencia said:

We already saw the effect of viral internet meme campaigns for D list CBM movies with Morbius.

It doesn't help lol.

Agreed. Not to mention the some internet memes are not exactly helpful to a movie's box office.

4 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Morbius was a box office smash compared to many CBM this year. It cleared Blue Beetle, Shazam 2, and came close to Flash/Marvels, despite having a significantly lower budget than any of those. 

Yeah, agreed. This movie would love to get Morbius’ numbers.

16 minutes ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

So am I the only one who sees Dakota Johnsons acting ability from the trailers on par with Anna Farris in the Scary Movie franchise? 

Her line readings are abysmal. All these years, I thought her acting in Fifty Shades of Grey was on purpose.

6 hours ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

So am I the only one who sees Dakota Johnsons acting ability from the trailers on par with Anna Farris in the Scary Movie franchise? 

I have no opinion on her ability but she’s certainly an odd choice given the 50 Shades films feel like a lifetime ago and that’s all anyone would know her for. I’d get it if she was flavour of the month but she’s not even that. 

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I have no opinion on her ability but she’s certainly an odd choice given the 50 Shades films feel like a lifetime ago and that’s all anyone would know her for. I’d get it if she was flavour of the month but she’s not even that. 

I told my spouse - either it's family connections or it's money (aka - a name star who worked for peanuts), b/c there's no other way Dakota Johnson would earn the lead role of a supers movie.  She just cannot actually act.  And her voice - man, again, I have no idea how she ever got any roles.