RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

2 hours ago, YourMother said:

What Mission Impossible 8 will do to Madame Web OW:

maddy-slamming-cassie-to-the-wall-maddy-

As if this movie wasn't already a hard enough sell on its own Sony decided to release it one week after Indy 5 and one week before MI7. At least they'll have two very attractive young women in it to try to gather interest. Or maybe they'll be able to actually get Spider-Man in this movie.

20 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

How about we make Danny Devito's spider-man a playable costume in the game?  Who's with me? : r/SpidermanPS4

That would 100% get me to go watch this movie in theaters. Probably the only way I would go too.

5 hours ago, SupermanLego said:

Honestly who really wants to watch a madame web movie. Spidey strength is the character itself not these side characters who are not even popular.

Honestly who really wants to watch [insert character here] movie?  [Random superpower] is the character itself and not these side characters who are not even popular.  

Dare I list all the case studies that Marvel and even FOX successfully made to prove this statement hollow in the past 20 years?  

Sony will be Sony, we know that, but you can't blame them for trying...

16 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Honestly who really wants to watch [insert character here] movie?  [Random superpower] is the character itself and not these side characters who are not even popular.  

Dare I list all the case studies that Marvel and even FOX successfully made to prove this statement hollow in the past 20 years?  

Sony will be Sony, we know that, but you can't blame them for trying...

It's true though outside VENOME spidey side characters are not popular. The biggest strength of the MCU is continuity not so much superheroes imo.

I don't get why , if they want a female  heroine in the Spidey franchise, they don't got with Spider Gwen. SHe is a very popular charecter,...her books often sell better then then standard Spidey books.

Hell, I m betting some people who reas a lot of the comics don't know who Mademe Web is.

On 4/21/2022 at 3:05 AM, SupermanLego said:

Honestly who really wants to watch a madame web movie. Spidey strength is the character itself not these side characters who are not even popular.

I repeat, if you want a Spideyverse movie with a female lead do SpiderGwen.  She actually has a sizable following, unlike Madame Web,.....

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

I repeat, if you want a Spideyverse movie with a female lead do SpiderGwen.  She actually has a sizable following, unlike Madame Web,.....

Sydney or Celeste might be Spider-Gwen. Maybe the Spider-Person in this universe IS Spider-Gwen. 👀

I'm pretty sure one of them is Black Cat. This might have absorbed that planned Black Cat and Silver Sable movie too, like how Fox initially wanted to do X-Men Origins: Magneto and X-Men Origins: Mystique but those films eventually became X-Men: First Class.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Sydney or Celeste might be Spider-Gwen. Maybe the Spider-Person in this universe IS Spider-Gwen. 👀

I'm pretty sure one of them is Black Cat. This might have absorbed that planned Black Cat and Silver Sable movie too, like how Fox initially wanted to do X-Men Origins: Magneto and X-Men Origins: Mystique but those films eventually became X-Men: First Class.

Then why not make it a Black Cat movie. No fan of the Black Cat....just too obvious a Catwoman clone...but she is much better known then Madame Web.

But this is going meet the fate of Morbius..or maybe even worse.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Then why not make it a Black Cat movie. No fan of the Black Cat....just too obvious a Catwoman clone...but she is much better known then Madame Web.

But this is going meet the fate of Morbius..or maybe even worse.

Black Cat is actually quite popular. 

I think if there was plans... they would make one already. Because they wanna rush one for a quick grab. I wouldn't be surprised if there's plans for her in the MCU

49 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Black Cat is actually quite popular. 

I think if there was plans... they would make one already. Because they wanna rush one for a quick grab. I wouldn't be surprised if there's plans for her in the MCU

Which I don't get...she is just too interchangable with Cat Woman.

But yeah, she is better known the Madame Webb,,which is the point.