RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

13 hours ago, Factcheck said:

If MW is really a MCU movie then I guess The Marvels is moving to December to take Star Wars date. Not only it's weird to release 2 MCU movies in the same month but it's also weird to release 2 female lead CBM in the same month just 3 weeks apart.

well now they moved this movie 

Edited by fede75
wrong conjugation of the verb

On 7/16/2022 at 2:57 AM, Factcheck said:

If Marvel Studios is production company & Feige is producer then how it's not MCU? Marvel Studios is subsidiary of Walt Disney Studios, so if Disney is involved then it is MCU movie.

One more time:

SONY owns the cinematic rights to the Spiderman franchise. They made a deal back in 2015 to bring Spiderman into the MCU, and for Feige and Marve Studios to co produce the Spiderman films with SONY.

However, Feige declined to get involved with the Spiderverse spinoff films. Sony is on theri own for that.

The TOm Holland Spiderman films are a co production between SONY and Marvel Studios. The Spinoff films are not.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, dudalb said:

One more time:

SONY owns the cinematic rights to the Spiderman franchise. They made a deal back in 2015 to bring Spiderman into the MCU, and for Feige and Marve Studios to co produce the Spiderman films with SONY.

However, Feige declined to get involved with the Spiderverse spinoff films. Sony is on theri own for that.

The TOm Holland Spiderman films are a co production between SONY and Marvel Studios. The Spinoff films are not.

a marvel studios producer is producing olivia wilde's spiderwoman film since one or two years ago. So what you say seems accurate only from the pre pandemic stuff

10 minutes ago, fede75 said:

a marvel studios producer is producing olivia wilde's spiderwoman film since one or two years ago. So what you say seems accurate only from the pre pandemic stuff

But Marvel Studiios are sterring clear of the "solo villian" Spideyverse projects.

26 minutes ago, fede75 said:

Amy Pascal is not a Marvel Studios producer.

Sony Marvel movies are not MCU.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fede75 said:

? i was talking about Rachel O'Connor

She's also not a Marvel Studios producer. She's from Amy Pascal's production company. 

https://deadline.com/2015/04/rachel-oconnor-pascal-pictures-amy-pascal-1201410013/

Rachel O’Connor will transition from SVP Production at Sony Pictures to run Pascal Pictures. That’s the name that the former SPE Motion Picture Group chairman will call her new label, which is just getting underway at Sony with a bunch of high-profile pictures. O’Connor has been a protege who has worked her whole career with Pascal.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

She's also not a Marvel Studios producer. She's from Amy Pascal's production company. 

well yes, is true that she was involving in marvel studios films from Pascal Pictures. But if i remember right Pascal Studios doesn't work anymore directly for sony. Only in stuffs coproduced with marvel studios or that involved the mcu ( venom 2 has the mcu in the postcredit)

Edited by fede75

1 minute ago, fede75 said:

well yes, is true that she was involving in marvel studios films from Pascal Pictures. But if i remember right Pascal Studios doesn't work anymore directly for sony. Only in stuffs coproduced with marvel studios or that involved the mcu ( venom 2 has the mcu in the postcredit)

No, Pascal pictures is involved with movies they develop. They didn't develop Venom, this one they developed from the start.

Rule of thumb - if you don't see Feige's name, it's not connected to the MCU. There's no other "MCU producer". 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

No, Pascal pictures is involved with movies they develop. They didn't develop Venom, this one they developed from the start.

Rule of thumb - if you don't see Feige's name, it's not connected to the MCU. There's no other "MCU producer". 

okey, but feige is listed as producer of madame web in production weekly

Just now, fede75 said:

okey, but feige is listed as producer of madame web in production weekly

Don't go with production weekly. It's useless with actual credits. It's only good to know what's in production this week. 

Listen, it's not in the MCU and they will tease it is to get everyone's hopes up and in the end it will be like a Morbius connection.

Save yourself a year of heartache.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Don't go with production weekly. It's useless with actual credits. It's only good to know what's in production this week. 

Listen, it's not in the MCU and they will tease it is to get everyone's hopes up and in the end it will be like a Morbius connection.

Save yourself a year of heartache.

Is true production weekly is not true all the times. But is also true they said before than deadline that nova is a tv series and not a movie. As i say, the thing is all the things that are pointing to a marvel studios coproduction: two actress saying is a marvel studios coproduction, the cinematographer saying is a marvel studios coproduction, production weekly saying feige is producer and the illuminerdi saying they can validate production weekly was right and not was a mistake from their part. I think is all this things combined what make very possible the coproduction. Anyway i think if it's a coproduction they are going to announce it very prior to the release date. It's not like the trailer is out without any marvel studios mention and i still beliaving this

6 hours ago, Factcheck said:

Either Indy 5 or The Marvels should move to December

I don't see why. Something had to move away from July and Madame Web did it. And on its place there's a horror blockbuster which is just great. Good play by Sony. 

The Marvels is in a great position. So is Indy 5. If Disney puts something in December, that something would either be Blade or Snow White. Just my 2 cents. 

1 hour ago, p a p i said:

I don't see why. Something had to move away from July and Madame Web did it. And on its place there's a horror blockbuster which is just great. Good play by Sony. 

The Marvels is in a great position. So is Indy 5. If Disney puts something in December, that something would either be Blade or Snow White. Just my 2 cents. 

A dark movie like Blade won't make any sense in December & July is not a good date for MCU. Spider-Man movies with all the popularity & hype didn't gross $400M, same is the case with Thor now and both Ant-Man movies underperformed in July. So it would make sense if they move The Marvels from July to December.