RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

13 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

A dark movie like Blade won't make any sense in December & July is not a good date for MCU. Spider-Man movies with all the popularity & hype didn't gross $400M, same is the case with Thor now and both Ant-Man movies underperformed in July. So it would make sense if they move The Marvels from July to December.

Yeah. Blade doesn't seem to fit with December. 

But July is a fantastic date for the MCU if they have a good movie. It's a excellent month for any movie. And you don't seem to realize that Marvel is going all in on July. Disney is establishing the MCU in 4 months every year if there's no production delays. February, May, July and November. We see this already in 2023, with the November 2023 date still empty but with a Disney Marvel Untitled movie there. And they have their 2024 movies scheduled in those same 4 months. They are still Untitled but Disney has booked dates in these 4 months in 2024 already for MCU movies. 

Edited by p a p i

12 minutes ago, p a p i said:

Yeah. Blade doesn't seem to fit with December. 

But July is a fantastic date for the MCU if they have a good movie. It's a excellent month for any movie. And you don't seem to realize that Marvel is going all in on July. Disney is establishing the MCU in 4 months every year if there's no production delays. February, May, July and November. We see this already in 2023, with the November 2023 date still empty but with a Disney Marvel Untitled movie there. And they have their 2024 movies scheduled in those same 4 months. They are still Untitled but Disney has booked dates in these 4 months in 2024 already for MCU movies. 

July is not a fantastic date for the MCU, it's OK date for the characters who are very popular like Spider-man & Thor but it's a bad release date for the characters less popular like Ant-Man, Captain Marvel etc. If they want another flop or underperformance after BW, Shang-Chi & Eternals they would release The Marvels in July. Barbie Oppenheimer, MI7, Teenage Mutant all will eat The Marvels in July-August 

25 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

July is not a fantastic date for the MCU, it's OK date for the characters who are very popular like Spider-man & Thor but it's a bad release date for the characters less popular like Ant-Man, Captain Marvel etc. If they want another flop or underperformance after BW, Shang-Chi & Eternals they would release The Marvels in July. Barbie Oppenheimer, MI7, Teenage Mutant all will eat The Marvels in July-August 

There's so much wrong in this and out of context that it's just laughable. 

1st, Black Widow and Thor 4 are just bad MCU movies. Period. It doesn't matter the date. Thor 4 is underperforming because it's bad and word of mouth is terrible. 

2nd, Eternals released in November and again, was the worst received movie ever. 

3rd, I don't know where Shang-Chi is a underperformer. If you think so, be aware that you're probably one of the very few with such mentality. In my book, and with all the context around Shang-Chi, that movie was a success. Fantastic word of mouth, great legs and a huge win for the sequel. 

Stop putting yout nitpicks and preferences over the reality. 

But this is just my take on it 😁

3 minutes ago, p a p i said:

There's so much wrong in this and out of context that it's just laughable. 

1st, Black Widow and Thor 4 are just bad MCU movies. Period. It doesn't matter the date. Thor 4 is underperforming because it's bad and word of mouth is terrible. 

2nd, Eternals released in November and again, was the worst received movie ever. 

3rd, I don't know where Shang-Chi is a underperformer. If you think so, be aware that you're probably one of the very few with such mentality. In my book, and with all the context around Shang-Chi, that movie was a success. Fantastic word of mouth, great legs and a huge win for the sequel. 

Stop putting yout nitpicks and preferences over the reality. 

But this is just my take on it 😁

Fact is both Ant-Man movies domestically underperformed in July so that's prove July is not a fantastic date for less popular MCU characters. And it is also a fact that BW, Shang-Chi & Eternals all underperformed or bomb at box office. Shang-Chi with a budget of 150-200M made just $432M, it was a underperformance. BW was a theatrical flop & so Eternals both had budget of $200M.

1 hour ago, Factcheck said:

Fact is both Ant-Man movies domestically underperformed in July so that's prove July is not a fantastic date for less popular MCU characters. And it is also a fact that BW, Shang-Chi & Eternals all underperformed or bomb at box office. Shang-Chi with a budget of 150-200M made just $432M, it was a underperformance. BW was a theatrical flop & so Eternals both had budget of $200M.

Dude, you're trying way to much and going on circles pointing pointless shit out to say July is a bad date to The Marvels. Which it isn't. If The Marvels is a good movie, it's going to perform. 

Black Widow was a average movie that was released day and date. Killed its legs. And let's stop pretending box office was doing half as good as it is today. 

Shang-Chi overperformed. No one thought it would do as well as it did. On its weekend, the numbers were always going up. Because it was a good movie. And was the 2nd highest grossing movie at the Domestic box office in 2021. The reviews were fantastic and so was word of mouth resulting in fantastic week to week drops. But sure. You can spin it that way. 

Eternals was a flop. No way around. Nothing to do with release date. It was a really poorly received movie. Period. Audiences didn't like it. 

You're doing way to much. This isn't about release dates. It's about the quality of the movies. And like Shang-Chi and No Way Home prove, if you have a great movie that audiences love, it's going to overperform and have consist drops week to week no matter where. Stop that nonsense. 

Eternals, Doctor Strange 2 and Thor 4 all underperformed because the reception was mixed to bad and word of mouth to. And these are extremely important factors for MCU movies specially. 

If The Marvels is great, it's going to do well. If it's another mediocre Phase 4 project, it's going to underperform. No matter what day it releases. 

• Like 2

Totally wild buzz from "someone who's talked to someone" on the production is that...

Spoiler

they are possibly shooting two movies?? 

Don't quite know why or how they'd keep that a secret for this movie (could see them doing it for Spider-Man), but take it as you will... 

Spoiler

Perhaps they are filming bits and pieces of Silver Sable/Black Cat characters along with Madame Web?  

Edited by Macleod

19 hours ago, fede75 said:

so seems mcu: the set photos revealed that emma roberts character( peter parker mother) is pregnant in the movie and that the movie is set in early 2000 decade, So it match with mcu's peter parker age

In the set photos there were a lot of Raimi Spider-Man easter eggs. 

This is not MCU. It's Sony verse. 

Spoiler

"Confirmed" by who?  Until the trades or the studio confirm it, I wouldn't toss around this info. from yet another site I never heard of before like it's "confirmed."  

Edited by Macleod

2 hours ago, Macleod said:
  Hide contents

"Confirmed" by who?  Until the trades or the studio confirm it, I wouldn't toss around this info. from yet another site I never heard of before like it's "confirmed."  

cosmic circus is a very trustfull site who has a excelent track record. If they said there is confirmed, is because they know is 100% true

• Haha 1