Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

i do wonder if we’ll get multiple villains in this one. Think Oscorp or Osborn hires Electro, and some other villains to track down Spidey.

I just ask Electro not be a disgruntled Stark employee, I don’t want to see the same arc with Peter and Tony a third time.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

i do wonder if we’ll get multiple villains in this one. Think Oscorp or Osborn hires Electro, and some other villains to track down Spidey.

I just ask Electro not be a disgruntled Stark employee, I don’t want to see the same arc with Peter and Tony a third time.

I think this Electro is, full on, the one from ASM2.

As in:

Spider-Man-Spider-Verse-Fan-Poster.jpg

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I think this Electro is, full on, the one from ASM2.

As in:

Spider-Man-Spider-Verse-Fan-Poster.jpg

I feel like with Spiderverse 2 in 2022, and the likelihood of the pandemic times there’s a chance SM3 moves to 2022 if filming if off and Strange 2 supposed to introduce the multiverse, I don’t think it’s a Spider Verae film as it seems too soon.

I think it’s more likely a case of same actor, different take.

• Like 1

I mean we already know the MCU is jumping straight into the Multiverse stuff with WandaVision, Loki, What If and Doctor Strange. Plus Feige specifically stated he wanted to avoid previous villains, let alone have those villains played by the same actors as the old versions. That to me makes me think this is Spider-Verse. Hell the last movie villain even was about the multiverse (though he was lying)

Edited by SpiderByte

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean we already know the MCU is jumping straight into the Multiverse stuff with WandaVision, Loki, What If and Doctor Strange.

Still it seems way too early for a live action rendition. I doubt Sony would put two SpiderVerse movies so close together.

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Still it seems way too early for a live action rendition. I doubt Sony would put two SpiderVerse movies so close together.

I'd be shocked if Spider-Verse 2 makes its current date. Even with people working from home, that stuff takes time. Plus if having to choose between the two, the live action Spider-Verse would take priority over the animated one since it'll make a shitload more money.

Edited by SpiderByte

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I'd be shocked if Spider-Verse 2 makes its current date. Even with people working from home, that stuff takes time. Plus if having to choose between the two, the live action Spider-Verse would take priority over the animated one since it'll make a shitload more money.

Spider Verse 2 is in production since June, like they’re actually doing animation. 

Spider Man 3 isn’t even filming yet.

If they do a live-action spiderverse it will be later than this movie, lol.    

Very likely same actor different take ala JJJ, and I would be shocked if he was the main villain (though, tbf, already been shocked once today by Electro news 😂)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Plus I liked that this iteration of Spidey was using unused villains.

Me too, but this is the 8th LA Spider-man movie. He’s got a deep rogue’s gallery but not like, bottomless. So, I think holding off of the villain reuse for both Infinity Saga movies is already pretty good on that front.

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Spider Verse 2 is in production since June, like they’re actually doing animation. 

Spider Man 3 isn’t even filming yet.

Animation takes time. Hell Sonys ready pushing back their completed animated films because of covid. Far From Home is the highest grossing Sony movie ever made. They would, and will if they have to, delay the animated one for the live action one.

Edited by SpiderByte

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Animation takes time. Hell Sonys ready pushing back their completed animated films because of covid. Far From Home is the highest grossing Sony movie ever made. They would, and will if they have to, delay the animated one for the live action one.

Sony is pushing everything back due to Covid including Spider Man 3, which will more likely than not be pushed to 2022 if things get worse. Connected was only pushed back because it was during the spike. 

And while I do agree with the idea, it’d be too soon and they’d be leaving money on the table and effective killing one of their only franchises (next to their Spider Man universes, The MCU films, Jumanji and Hotel Translyvania) (I mean the animated one) if they did it for 2021. My point is it doesn’t make sense Sony would do another Spider Verse film this soon especially when one is still fresh in people’s minds. Nor do I think Fiege wants thunder stolen from Doctor Strange 2.