Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

3 hours ago, snarkmachine said:

this sounds cool, but it sounds way better for an avengers movie rather than a strange movie which didn't even do that well at the box office.

also if they do get tobey/andrew back, i'd rather it be for an actual spidey movie than for a side plot in a strange movie

That's...my point.  They aren't doing "just a Dr. Strange sequel."  It's just not viable on its own.  The same reason that Ant-Man 3 will be "more than just an Ant-Man sequel."  Anyway, Strange: Multiverse is supposed to also have Wanda, etc., right?  I'm just speculating here, my scenario could be a bonus scene or two in Strange...or they could indeed have been changing things behind the scenes once they got Raimi.  Either way, we know Feigi will be milking Spidey all he can over the next five years...in case the deal runs out again!

I think Feige's solution to picking up some slack with newer franchises to compete is to make every second or third Marvel entry a "mini-Avengers" type team-up. 

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

In case you are wondering the original Snister Six back in  June of 1964 in the first Spiderman Annual  were:

Doctor Octopus

Sandman

Mysterio

Vulture

Electro

Kraven.

Well, they already have three of them announced and/or officially involved/in the "universe" already (Vulture, Mysterio, Electro)...Kraven is heavily rumored to be coming...and who knows, they could pull THC's Sandman from Spidey 3 back...since he ain't dead...even though Maguire-Spidey seemed to have "forgiven" him... or even Amazing's Lizard?  The female Doc Ock?  Even if we don't get six right away, my gut feeling now is that this is the direction they're going... that the rest of these multiple villains will all come from different multiverses.  (Venom will be doing the same.)

6 hours ago, Macleod said:

Well, they already have three of them announced and/or officially involved/in the "universe" already (Vulture, Mysterio, Electro)...Kraven is heavily rumored to be coming...and who knows, they could pull THC's Sandman from Spidey 3 back...since he ain't dead...even though Maguire-Spidey seemed to have "forgiven" him... or even Amazing's Lizard?  The female Doc Ock?  Even if we don't get six right away, my gut feeling now is that this is the direction they're going... that the rest of these multiple villains will all come from different multiverses.  (Venom will be doing the same.)

Don’t forget the Scorpion. 

7 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Don’t forget the Scorpion. 

I don't get the love for the Scorpion;IMHO he is at best a Mid level villian.

Hell, I would much rahter follow the animated Multivers film and make the Kingpin a Spidey villian once again.

I guess that settles things. So, as far as I can tell, WandaVision is going to deal with the multiverse getting fractured, this movie will explore some of the ramifications of that and DS2 will be all about fixing it. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I guess that settles things. So, as far as I can tell, WandaVision is going to deal with the multiverse getting fractured, this movie will explore some of the ramifications of that and DS2 will be all about fixing it. 

I wonder if all the movies/shows will show some ramification of it? All the ones coming before DS2 I mean, except BW. Perhaps hints at the multiverse in Eternals, Thor: L&T, etc etc. We know the Loki series is gonna revolve around it in some way.

Exciting stuff! 

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I really don't care about him doing a Spider-verse. I don't want him to touch any of the previous iterations of the characters.

Look MCU Peter is already a whitewashed Miles, and the MCU needs heroes of color (well this a problem with Hollywood in general but you get the point), they might as well have Miles.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Probably Loki as well. My guess is Owen Wilson a character will be going back and forth between the shows and films.

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Look MCU Peter is already a whitewashed Miles, and the MCU needs heroes of color (well this a problem with Hollywood in general but you get the point), they might as well have Miles.

I'm honestly confused why people think Spider-verse means they should just get different versions of the exact same characters. It would be much more interesting if they got different types of Spider-people into the film (like Miles as you say).

Edited by lorddemaxus