Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Kevin Feige seems to have a knack for saying misleading things. Back when it was reported that talks between Sony and Marvel broke, Feige claimed that FFH was the “conclusion” to Peter’s journey, despite ending on a cliffhanger. 

24 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Look MCU Peter is already a whitewashed Miles, and the MCU needs heroes of color (well this a problem with Hollywood in general but you get the point), they might as well have Miles.

Idk why people keep saying this, other than Ned being Ganke all the stuff people say Peter "stole" from Miles are just things he and Miles already had in common.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

8 minutes ago, Menor said:

If that is true (and not just speculation from THR) then this is a bad move as it completely negates his arc over the last two films. But it reads like speculation to me. 

This is exactly what I said to my wife but I think you’re right that it’s probably just the writer speculating. 

• Like 1

It does solve the "how do we get Spidey out from a murder charge without Tony" problem...if there are tons of Spidey's around, there are tons of possible culprits:)...and "the real" Spidey can be exonerated easily without the tech know-how to disprove a video...

So, 2 birds with 1 stone - get back the Spideys for huge hype and easy solution without doing Skrull Wars in a Spidey movie...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It does solve the "how do we get Spidey out from a murder charge without Tony" problem...if there are tons of Spidey's around, there are tons of possible culprits:)...and "the real" Spidey can be exonerated easily without the tech know-how to disprove a video...

So, 2 birds with 1 stone - get back the Spideys for huge hype and easy solution without doing Skrull Wars in a Spidey movie...

I don’t see why he would specifically need Tony for that, when he has Stark Industries and SHIELD on his side. 

On 10/1/2020 at 7:55 PM, Macleod said:

You forgot the rest of the Sinister Six...and the kitchen sink.  You're already going to have Vulture, Electro, and Kraven (rumored).  My bet is that they all come from different multiverses.  And Spidey gets...defeated, presumed dead (at least by the public), in a cliffhanger, and he retreats to Dr. Strange for help.

In Strange II, they grab the other Spideys (and possibly other Iron Mans, Caps, even a Blade or an X-person?) to solve the problem.  There's a reason why Strange II is effectively becoming a team-up/multiverse epic... because a Strange sequel on its own was simply not as viable. 

And meanwhile, Spidey's identity is already shattered...he might have to operate "underground" for a while (or at least have the public think he's someone else)...  Cue an updated Black Suit

And then it gets *really* complicated for the public to understand...when Venom shows up. 

There -- if I predicted the next few movies, can I get a royalty check, MR. FEIGE? 

TOLDJA.

(at least on Dr. Strange's increased involvement...but I like my theory...)

I bet they re-orchestrated Spidey 3 and Strange II behind the scenes once Raimi committed to Dr. Strange.  It's essentially a two-fer/two-parter.

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

This is another good theory.

• Like 1

Afaik the only confirmed news here is Doctor Strange appearing in the movie, and everything else is speculation running wild. It does seem likely that Wandavision will kick off some multiverse stuff that Loki, Spider-man 3, DS2, maybe Thor4 will reckon with in some way... but I still doubt that this will end up as something that people think of as a Spiderverse movie. Or that DS will have a similar role as IM in homecoming.    

An important note here is that this movie originally came after DS2, and is currently scheduled before. So if there’s a big plot connection then it means either:  

plans for this movie changed significantly to connect them more after covid caused shifts

they’re going to eventually swap back to the previous order with DS2 coming out first.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Idk why people keep saying this, other than Ned being Ganke all the stuff people say Peter "stole" from Miles are just things he and Miles already had in common.

Even apart from Ned and Ganke, his suit are made by others, worships certain heroes, gets quickly involved into larger scaled battle between heroes when first introduced, both have a seemingly middle class life and got into a high tech school, whilst continuing the legacy of a fallen mentor.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Afaik the only confirmed news here is Doctor Strange appearing in the movie, and everything else is speculation running wild. It does seem likely that Wandavision will kick off some multiverse stuff that Loki, Spider-man 3, DS2, maybe Thor4 will reckon with in some way... but I still doubt that this will end up as something that people think of as a Spiderverse movie. Or that DS will have a similar role as IM in homecoming.    

An important note here is that this movie originally came after DS2, and is currently scheduled before. So if there’s a big plot connection then it means either:  

plans for this movie changed significantly to connect them more after covid caused shifts

they’re going to eventually swap back to the previous order with DS2 coming out first.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that DS2 was pushed all the way back to 2022 specifically so it would come out after this. Keep in mind, the release date change happened back when BW was still set to come out this year.