Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

They wouldn't get Molina without Maguire.  So he must be locked.  Interesting.  One baddie from each Spider-verse.  As I've speculated, it sure sounds like they'll be inching towards a Sinister Six by this film's finale...and I bet at least half of them will be multiverse villains.  If true, it's funny they're picking the best villain from the best film of Maguire's trilogy (though it'd be a kick to see Dafoe one more time)...and arguably the worst villain from the worst film of Garfield's two.  Feige is obviously respecting Raimi by not going anywhere near the original Spider-Man 3. 😂  But Sony also has their own Venom now.... 

Anyone notice how SPIDER-MAN 3 will likely feature 3 SPIDER-MEN?  😁

#WENEVERSAWDOCOCKSBODY

• Like 1

Well I’m admit when I’m wrong, Macguire and Garfield will likely be back, but my interest in this has gone considerably down because mainly knowing the team, I don’t think they’ll focus much on the characters or drama and double down on the action, world trotting stuff. I also find it sad, that Sony has fucked over ITSV2. 

Hopefully, Miles shows up or something.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Just now, fabiopazzo2 said:

Maybe a new Doc Ock's?? 

Considering Jamie Foxx has said that Electro won’t be blue in this, I’m betting it’ll be a different version of the character played by the same actor. Either that or there’s some kind of time travel stuff involved along with the multiverse and Doc Ock is ripped out of the Raimi-universe before he gets killed.

This is either going to be fantastic or a completely overstuffed mess. Sony is really going in on trying to make this the Spidey answer to Endgame, hopefully Feige manages to keep it coherent. 

• Like 1

Hmm, well well well. Seems like we’re getting the Sinister Six, and with actors reprising the roles that had already been done in previous Spider-man movies. Wonder exactly what roster they’ll do.   

Still, I caution people to remember that we have no word on whether this will be “same actor, same character, diffident universes via multiverse shenanigans” or simply “same actor, different characters (versions native to the MCU earth).”

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Hmm, well well well. Seems like we’re getting the Sinister Six, and with actors reprising the roles that had already been done in previous Spider-man movies. Wonder exactly what roster they’ll do.   

Still, I caution people to remember that we have no word on whether this will be “same actor, same character, diffident universes via multiverse shenanigans” or simply “same actor, different characters (versions native to the MCU earth).”

I actually hope it’s the “same actor, different characters” option to be honest. They can still hit the nostalgia of seeing the characters again whilst stopping it from feeling too messy in terms of needing to connect it to the Raimi and TASM films. It also seemed like the J Jonah Jameson character was MCU specific based on the post credit scene of Far From Home, so if stands to reason that Electro and Doc Ock would be too.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I actually hope it’s the “same actor, different characters” option to be honest. They can still hit the nostalgia of seeing the characters again whilst stopping it from feeling too messy in terms of needing to connect it to the Raimi and TASM films. It also seemed like the J Jonah Jameson character was MCU specific based on the post credit scene of Far From Home, so if stands to reason that Electro and Doc Ock would be too.

Yeah, I think the JJJ precedent is something a lot of people just gloss over.

• Like 1

It would be weird to keep getting the same actors (as opposed to an occasional recast) if it's not Spiderverse. I hope not. I would rather not see this so early. Same actors but different characters is possible, but seems unnecessarily confusing to have every single character be the same actor if that was the case. 

Really hope this isn't some kind of meddling by Sony. This is very risky and doesn't seem like a natural continuation of FFH. Has the potential to be a gigantic quagmire. 

Edited by Menor