Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

59 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Well I’m admit when I’m wrong, Macguire and Garfield will likely be back, but my interest in this has gone considerably down because mainly knowing the team, I don’t think they’ll focus much on the characters or drama and double down on the action, world trotting stuff. I also find it sad, that Sony has fucked over ITSV2. 

Hopefully, Miles shows up or something.

Even if they do a multiverse thing here, I don’t see why it would hurt SpiderVerse 2. People love the first movie so I don’t see why this needs the multiverse thing to itself to do well

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TMP said:

Garfield and Dunst confirmed, Tobey closing a deal, and Stone could be too if her pregnancy lets her

I know it would have been impossible what with set leaks, but it would have been incredible to not be spoiled on all of that. People lost their shit at the JJJ cameo, so imagine what an unspoiled Tobey Maguire cameo would have been like.

5 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I know it would have been impossible what with set leaks, but it would have been incredible to not be spoiled on all of that. People lost their shit at the JJJ cameo, so imagine what an unspoiled Tobey Maguire cameo would have been like.

Well, Tobey hasn't closed a deal yet according to that report, so it could always not happen lol

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Eric Karga said:

Even if they do a multiverse thing here, I don’t see why it would hurt SpiderVerse 2. People love the first movie so I don’t see why this needs the multiverse thing to itself to do well

I’m afraid of the stigma of “Why see the “inferior” animated sequel when you have the live action one ten months ago?” from the GA. It just makes it harder for the film to increase.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

6 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m afraid of the stigma of “Why see the “inferior” animated sequel when you have the live action one ten months ago?” from the GA. It just makes it harder for the film to increase.

I think ITSV2 will be fine, it wasn’t just the concept of the multiverse that people feel in love with, it was the characters which were all fairly distinct compared to the live action counterparts. I doubt you’ll be getting Spider-Man Noir and Spider-Ham turning up in SM3.

*waits for Collider to report that they’re going full Who Framed Roger Rabbit with SM3*

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TMP said:

Garfield and Dunst confirmed, Tobey closing a deal, and Stone could be too if her pregnancy lets her

Kirsten Dunst just 3 years back saying the new franchises are money making schemes and her movies were the best and now set to appear in the new franchise to collect some of dat money... I love that for her.

• Haha 9

13 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Kirsten Dunst just 3 years back saying the new franchises are money making schemes and her movies were the best and now set to appear in the new franchise to collect some of dat money... I love that for her.

It's not like she has much going in these days. She said in an interview last year while promoting the first season of her Showtime series (which ended up having its renewal reversed and became a casualty to COVID) that she doesn't get many offers anymore because she's still seen as the Bring It On girl. They're probably gonna bring her back for the next Jumanji as well with that hook at the end of the last one so might as well collect those easy franchise paychecks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Well, Tobey hasn't closed a deal yet according to that report, so it could always not happen lol

It would so Tobey Maguire to be the one dude not to sign up here because he demanded 2% more of first dollar gross.  I hope he humbles up and counters his own history of being Tobey Maguire.  

This is Maguire's opportunity to redeem his Spider-Man 3...and Garfield's opportunity to finally have a Spider-Man 3.  

:hahaha:

Edited by Macleod
  • Haha 4