Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

8 minutes ago, Macleod said:

It would so Tobey Maguire to be the one dude not to sign up here because he demanded 2% more of first dollar gross.  I hope he humbles up and counters his own history of being Tobey Maguire.  

Tobey's a poker player, arguably more famous in that scene than as an actor, so I feel like he's trying the same odds here

13 minutes ago, Macleod said:

It would so Tobey Maguire to be the one dude not to sign up here because he demanded 2% more of first dollar gross.  I hope he humbles up and counters his own history of being Tobey Maguire.  

This is Maguire's opportunity to redeem his Spider-Man 3...and Garfield's opportunity to finally have a Spider-Man 3.  

:hahaha:

I hope he doesn't humble up. He already knows his Spider-man 3 is better than this will be.

• Haha 2

If the marketplace is returning back to normal by the time this opens, this could be really big. Having the various big screen incarnations of Spider-Man and actors who have played other major roles across the movies all in one film is gonna makes this an event to a very wide audience.

• Like 2

I haven't watched SM films since Raimi's third and... I probably won't start now, but in a weird way I find it rather touching that Garfield has a shot at playing him again. He always seems like he's about to cry when he talks about the character.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

So this is gonna be a Spider verse film after all. I am denying accepting it for sometime now but guess its happening.

I don't know how it's gonna fit with MCU timeline/plan Feige has set. There are ways it can go wrong badly, hopefully Feige finds a way

Does it really matter? Endgame brought people back from the dead, I don't think watertight continuity has ever been big concern of Marvel's.

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Does it really matter? Endgame brought people back from the dead, I don't think watertight continuity has ever been big concern of Marvel's.

It didn’t bring anybody back from the dead though? Unless you’re talking about the snapped people, but they were obviously coming back as soon as IW came out so I dunno if that should really count.   

Continuity is a big concern of Marvel’s. 

• Like 2

I don’t think this will really be a spider verse film per se. Yes, multiverse shenanigans are inevitable, but it’s still an open question how central there are to the story. I think it will be more of a Tom Holland/Sinister Six story with some previous spider-man cameos.

• Like 1

What I don't wanna see is dead characters from other films reprising their roles. I mean sure having Spider-Man from other two live action films is pretty cool, but then follow their community too.

If Jamie Fox as Electro died in the film, I actually don't remember TASM2 at all, or Dr Octopus died in SM2, keep them dead.

I'm actually excited to watch every single Spidey movie again.

My favorites are the Garfield's ones ( I know I'm in the minority ), but the Raimi movies were also cool. Dafoe was a great villain, but his armor is very dated ( he looked like a Power Rangers villain of the week in that shit ). 

TASM 2 is my favorite Spidey movie. The ending was so shocking. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

What I don't wanna see is dead characters from other films reprising their roles. I mean sure having Spider-Man from other two live action films is pretty cool, but then follow their community too.

If Jamie Fox as Electro died in the film, I actually don't remember TASM2 at all, or Dr Octopus died in SM2, keep them dead.

I think Electro didn't die in TASM 2. Can you kill electricity?

Dr Octopus definitely died in Spider Man 2, though. Unless some kind of portal opened, lol. 

Goblin died in Spider Man 1, but there's Dane Dehaan's version from TASM 2 that's still alive. 

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I think Electro didn't die in TASM 2. Can you kill electricity?

Yeah I am not sure about that film. Only three things I remember is Gewn (?) dying, film cut before the action begin, and third being Peter saving Jamie Foxx, he becoming Electro & that New York street scene where the two fights(?).

Edited by charlie Jatinder

1 hour ago, WandaLegion said:

It didn’t bring anybody back from the dead though? Unless you’re talking about the snapped people, but they were obviously coming back as soon as IW came out so I dunno if that should really count.   

Continuity is a big concern of Marvel’s. 

Surely with Feige being as involved in this as he was with Homecoming and Far From Home, he will have signed off on the plot of this? I don’t think continuity will be an issue really.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Surely with Feige being as involved in this as he was with Homecoming and Far From Home, he will have signed off on the plot of this? I don’t think continuity will be an issue really.

Yeah. I mean, we have already had 23 MCU movies produced by Feige. That’s a lot. There’s no specific reason to expect things to go off the rails on movie #27 or whatever.

That’s not to say there will never be a miss, just that when ever the miss happens it will not have been historically rational to have expected it of that particular movie in advance. 

• Like 2