Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

13 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Franchise history for MCU Spider-man (all ranks contemporaneous peak):

OW

SMH 117M, 29th

FFH 136M*, 28th, +.63% monthly

Reveal hidden contents

DOM

SMH 334M, 49th

FFH 391M, 38th, +.65% monthly

OS

SMH 546M, 54th

FFH 741M, 27th, +1.28% monthly

WW

SMH 880M, 49th

FFH 1.132B, 23rd, +1.05% monthly

This is the only sequel coming up where Endgame doesn’t fall between, and I don’t necessarily expect it to perform that much better OS or WW. Maybe 25th/20th or so, thanks to FFH’s cliffhanger. Domestically I feel there’s a bit more room for improvement, perhaps to 25th/30th or so. By July 2021 that 25/30/25/20 should translate to about 155/425/810/1235, which is monthly growth of reasonable .55%/.36%/.37%/.36%

Final verdict: Mild downgrade

155 OW

425 DOM

810 OS

1235 WW   

I hope they turn in a remarkable movie and beat these numbers to keep the threequel trend alive.

DOM: 170/440 (cliffhanger effect)

WW: 1.34b

Though I hope it can beat Ultron and avenge my FFH club.

21 hours ago, raulbalarezo said:

https://deadline.com/2019/12/uncharted-travis-knight-exits-movie-tom-holland-mark-wahlberg-1202818615

The actor will next shoot the next Spider-Man installment in the summer.

I guess Kraven the Hunter is sort of the most likely villain for this. He;s just about the only of the Grade A Silver age classic villians who has not been done.

(I don't consider Scorpion to be quite "Grade A"0

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

It'd be a serious step down actor-wise if they use the guy above. Either he's not the main villain or they're going to re-cast. Michael Keaton & Jake Gyllenhaal to this unheralded TV actor? 

y u no like Mando?

He's freaking awesome in both Orphan Black and Better Call Saul.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/27/sony-and-disney-reach-deal-to-continue-spider-man-movie-partnership.html

As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in a future Marvel Studios film.

Endgame was such a fantastic capstone to the Phase 1-3 tapestry that I wish all the characters featured in them were retired from Marvel films. Start fresh. *shrug*