Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/sony-marvel-tom-holland-spider-man-1203351489/

Sony Pictures and Marvel have found a way to get back in the Spider-Man business together.

Sony Pictures Entertainment and The Walt Disney Studios jointly announced that Marvel Studios and its President Kevin Feige will produce the third film in the “Spider-Man: Homecoming” series, starring Tom Holland. The film is scheduled for release on July 16, 2021. As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in a future Marvel Studios film. Amy Pascal will also produce through Pascal Pictures, as she has on the first two Holland-led films.

“I am thrilled that Spidey’s journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it,” said Feige. “Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

• Like 1

Just now, Inceptionzq said:

Plus Feige hinting that Sony can use Spider-Man in their own universe now. Don’t think that was the case before

Bittersweet news for some people 

Venom 2 featuring Spider-Man and Carnage

A dream come true but some fans will need time to process that Venom is now indirectly an MCU movie 

Initially read it as same deal as before but I'm sure something has changed as I think the article just recaps Disney/Sony's original negotaiting positions.

This was all very predictable, both parties had a lot to gain by keeping the arrangement, even in an amended format where Disney co-finances and gets a bigger cut of the MCU Spideys.

2 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Bittersweet news for some people 

Venom 2 featuring Spider-Man and Carnage

A dream come true but some fans will need time to process that Venom is now indirectly an MCU movie 

Spidey in Venom was the dream

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

Initially read it as same deal as before but I'm sure something has changed as I think the article just recaps Disney/Sony's original negotaiting positions.

This was all very predictable, both parties had a lot to gain by keeping the arrangement, even in an amended format where Disney co-finances and gets a bigger cut of the MCU Spideys.

They’re still doing the 5% deal, so the same deal just renewed 

1 minute ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

They’re still doing the 5% deal, so the same deal just renewed 

It says 25%

In exchange for lending Feige’s producing prowess, Marvel and Disney will receive roughly 25% of the profits, according to insiders. Disney will retain its merchandising rights. As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in one future Marvel Studios film.

• Like 5

Four movies a year is a lot but keep in mind we're going getting 2 MCU films in 2020 so essentially they're making that with an extra movies in 2021. 

I can see WB moving Space Jam 2 but I wonder where? I'd probably go for July 30th or August 5th and move The Suicide Squad to an earlier date.