Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

1 minute ago, Eric #RIPChadwick said:

Wynaut?

Because... most people don’t exactly have fond memories of TASM2, lol. I mean this seems pretty straightforward — positive connotations good, negative connotations bad. It makes me wonder if they have a specific multiverse winking thing lined up here and went to Foxx specifically or if they just decided to use electro in the story with any actor and liked Foxx when he re-auditioned or something.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Menor said:

In your opinion, but in terms of critical and audience reception, not even close. 

And it’s my opinion. Joker was an Academy Award nominated film and I hated it. Just because others like it, doesn’t mean others do.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Because... most people don’t exactly have fond memories of TASM2, lol. I mean this seems pretty straightforward — positive connotations good, negative connotations bad. It makes me wonder if they have a specific multiverse winking thing lined up here and went to Foxx specifically or if they just decided to use electro in the story with any actor and liked Foxx when he re-auditioned or something.

I doubt it’ll be the ASM interpretation lol. And I sincerely doubt people are thinking “golly gee whiz, I sure do like Marvel and I’m excited for this movie, but Jamie Foxx being in this means I won’t watch it because he was in a bad Spider-Man movie”.

Honestly, put all the bombed reboots into these superhero movies. Replace Battinson with George Clooney and shit

• Like 2

Kevin Feige thought Jamie Foxx had a lot of potential as Electro btw (he said that in the leaked emails). He just didn't like the direction they took.

Edit:

Really love Electro – feels like you may not need the scene in his apartment, which makes him seems completely crazy and hard to relate too.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 4

Also, acting choices aside, this will be the first reused major villain from the 5 non-MCU live-action spider-men, right? Guess it was going to happen eventually but also gets them closer to Sinister Six if the studios keep cooperating.