Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

At this point, I'd prefer if they just didn't release any trailer... 😂 

A creative poster is all they need, and keep the rest locked and sealed... people will show up Day 1 regardless! 

I'm kind of astounded that SONY didn't want to have this on BLACK WIDOW... or maybe FEIGE didn't?? 

Sony was willing to release a trailer for FFH before EG was even released, so I find it interesting how they’re showing so much restraint in putting out the trailer for this. Maybe that’s part of the new deal they worked out with Marvel? But what could they possibly be waiting for at this point?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The fans on Twitter for this film are so annoying, spamming every Sony tweet. 

Some of them might be overestimating the draw of Tobey Maguire showing up here. I mean sure it’ll be a draw and most of us are excited about it but this ain’t TFA movie event levels. And I don’t mean The First Avenger….

12 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I won't be surprised if all these delays and secrecy in regards to marketing will result in the interest for this movie waning.

Actually the opposite. There is no hurry. Keep the hype going on till you can. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Actually the opposite. There is no hurry. Keep the hype going on till you can. 

I mean it worked for Endgame, but IW was just a year ago and as y'know times were different then(no pandemic). The general audience needs to be aware of the movie, as they don't follow every twitter/reddit rumors.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

If I was Sony, I'd attach it as an theater exclusive to Venom 2...why make Disney money when you can make SONY more money, instead?:)

This is what they should do. Release trailer #1 this week, and don't show Tobey note Andrew in it. Release trailer #2 WITH Tobey and Andrew as a theater exclusive for venom 2 opening weekend and release said trailer online after the weekend.

33 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I mean it worked for Endgame, but IW was just a year ago and as y'know times were different then(no pandemic). The general audience needs to be aware of the movie, as they don't follow every twitter/reddit rumors.

Yeah that's true but I think 2-3 months marketing campaign is enough nowadays. 

On 7/16/2021 at 9:05 PM, WittyUsername said:

Sony was willing to release a trailer for FFH before EG was even released, so I find it interesting how they’re showing so much restraint in putting out the trailer for this. Maybe that’s part of the new deal they worked out with Marvel? But what could they possibly be waiting for at this point?

They might have been holding off because of the finale for Loki which basically blows the MCU wide open as far as the Multiverse goes....

On 7/16/2021 at 8:03 PM, Macleod said:

At this point, I'd prefer if they just didn't release any trailer... 😂 

A creative poster is all they need, and keep the rest locked and sealed... people will show up Day 1 regardless! 

I'm kind of astounded that SONY didn't want to have this on BLACK WIDOW... or maybe FEIGE didn't?? 

I would bet that the season Finale for Loki has something to do with the delay.

On 7/17/2021 at 9:24 AM, Madhuvan said:

Yeah that's true but I think 2-3 months marketing campaign is enough nowadays. 

Yes. I think that WB might have waited too long to begin the marketing push for Suicide Squad  ( A little over two weeks to go and not much media buzz) but SONY has plenty of time. 

You also have Spidey;s huge popularity as a charecter. You don't need to sell him the way you might some other charecters.

Edited by dudalb

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

They might have been holding off because of the finale for Loki which basically blows the MCU wide open as far as the Multiverse goes....

That’s what I initially assumed, but the finale was last week. What’s the hold up at this point?