Jump to content
Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17 2021?! | Fasten Your Seltbelts, It's Gonna Be a Bumpy Night

Recommended Posts

Hmmm.. could it be finally possibly true about August 10th for Spider Man No Way Home Trailer? (according to this source)  Also does anyone know if they are reputable and reliable? 

 

https://insidethemagic.net/2021/08/spiderman-no-way-home-trailer-release-al1/?utm_content=buffer7ee46&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Edited by Seth Irskens
Link to post
Share on other sites

A kind of crazy idea:

 

There's a small (and I mean small) chance this could go on Premiere Access. They already have a deal to put the first two (and maybe the other five past films?) on Disney+ once the Starz deal expires. Sonys platform agnostic approach means maybe they'd be open to the idea of Premiere Access instead of delaying till, say, January or something.

  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

A kind of crazy idea:

 

There's a small (and I mean small) chance this could go on Premiere Access. They already have a deal to put the first two (and maybe the other five past films?) on Disney+ once the Starz deal expires. Sonys platform agnostic approach means maybe they'd be open to the idea of Premiere Access instead of delaying till, say, January or something.

In theory? Possible. In reality it would mean those two would have to settle on a % arrangement both are fine with and well the last time Sony/Disney had to do that regarding anything Spidey…well we Remember what a public mess that became.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Sony won’t do it. They’re too dependent on these Spider-Man movies hence Venom, Morbius and Kraven. This is a billion dollar film and they won’t leave money on the table. Sony also has that Netflix deal

The Netflix deal won't have the Spider-Man movies. The one with Disney does.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The Netflix deal won't have the Spider-Man movies. The one with Disney does.

I don’t see how that matters. Besides selling off Mitchell’s v Machines last year, Sony has remained strictly theatrical and I dont think Disney deal is hanging that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

The Netflix deal won't have the Spider-Man movies. The one with Disney does.

The announcement was quite different.

 

Didn't Netflix bought Sony first TV windows, Disney the second one ? And both are only for one market I think.

 

The agreement comes on the heels of Sony’s output deal with Netflix for titles in the lucrative post-theatrical release Pay 1 window. The Disney deal covers subsequent TV windows, meaning that the titles will land on Netflix first, about nine months after the start of a film’s theatrical run

 

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/netflix-sony-pictures-pay-1-starz-output-1234946413/

Netflix already had a deal with Sony Pictures for all of its animated releases. Starting with next year’s slate, all movies from the various film banners on the Culver City lot — including Columbia Pictures, Sony Pictures Classics, Screen Gems and TriStar Pictures — will stream exclusively on Netflix after their theatrical and home entertainment releases. That promises to bring to Netflix future installments of the “Spiderman,” “Venom” and “Jumanji” franchises, among others. The pay 1 window usually begins about nine months after a film’s theatrical release, although that timetable may have been sped up for Netflix. 

 

Did more detail emerge, that Netflix didn't really got all of Sony slate (if they option them, they can obviously skip movies) ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

No Way Home, as a 2021 release, is not part of the Netflix deal, which is for 2022 and onward. Disney+ gets all 3 Marvel Studios films, and then the other 6 Spideys plus the two Venom movies go to either Hulu or Disney+ as well (my guess is the old Spidey films and Spider-Verse to Disney+, since at least 5 of them are tied to NWH, and the spinoffs to Hulu)

 

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

No Way Home, as a 2021 release, is not part of the Netflix deal, which is for 2022 and onward. Disney+ gets all 3 Marvel Studios films, and then the other 6 Spideys plus the two Venom movies go to either Hulu or Disney+ as well (my guess is the old Spidey films and Spider-Verse to Disney+, since at least 5 of them are tied to NWH, and the spinoffs to Hulu)

 

No, all 2021 movies go to Starz under the under the current Pay 1 deal. They then go to Disney+ (I think this is only limited to a few franchises like Spider-man). The 2022 movies go to Netflix and then to Disney+. Spider-man NWH and Venom 2 are both going to Starz first, like all the 2022 movies are going to Netflix first.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

No Way Home, as a 2021 release, is not part of the Netflix deal, which is for 2022 and onward. Disney+ gets all 3 Marvel Studios films, and then the other 6 Spideys plus the two Venom movies go to either Hulu or Disney+ as well (my guess is the old Spidey films and Spider-Verse to Disney+, since at least 5 of them are tied to NWH, and the spinoffs to Hulu)

 

The spinoffs are PG-13 (at least so far) so I would imagine they would go to Disney+ as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

No, all 2021 movies go to Starz under the under the current Pay 1 deal. They then go to Disney+ (I think this is only limited to a few franchises like Spider-man). The 2022 movies go to Netflix and then to Disney+. Spider-man NWH and Venom 2 are both going to Starz first, like all the 2022 movies are going to Netflix first.

Well that’s not confusing at all!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cheesypoofs said:

The spinoffs are PG-13 (at least so far) so I would imagine they would go to Disney+ as well. 

I don't think it's a rating thing: the six other Spidey films tie directly to No Way Home in some way. the Venoms are so mething Feige seems hesitant to incorporate the Venom movies 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

No, all 2021 movies go to Starz under the under the current Pay 1 deal. They then go to Disney+ (I think this is only limited to a few franchises like Spider-man). The 2022 movies go to Netflix and then to Disney+. Spider-man NWH and Venom 2 are both going to Starz first, like all the 2022 movies are going to Netflix first.

Yes, which I never disputed, I said they're not going to Netflix and they're taking the films that Starz has now in a few months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't think it's a rating thing: the six other Spidey films tie directly to No Way Home in some way. the Venoms are so mething Feige seems hesitant to incorporate the Venom movies 

If Fant4stic is on Disney+, I don’t see why the Venom movies can’t be. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If Fant4stic is on Disney+, I don’t see why the Venom movies can’t be. 

Well Disney owns that outright. They might be fine with the Raimi, Webb, and Spider-Verse films since they tie into No Way Home. Venom and Morbius? Ehhhh

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Well Disney owns that outright. They might be fine with the Raimi, Webb, and Spider-Verse films since they tie into No Way Home. Venom and Morbius? Ehhhh

This. Disney got the 2015 FF when they bought FOx Studios.

Venom is a Sony film with some Disney participation, but not enough to keep Sony from selling the cable/streaming rights to whoever it wants. Disney will probably get a cut of that but has no control.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't think it's a rating thing: the six other Spidey films tie directly to No Way Home in some way. the Venoms are so mething Feige seems hesitant to incorporate the Venom movies 

Recently feige has not sounded hesitant at all recently, plus the multiverse is a thing now. Disney and Sony do have an agreement for streaming that I think of beyond just marvel movies I believe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

Recently feige has not sounded hesitant at all recently, plus the multiverse is a thing now. Disney and Sony do have an agreement for streaming that I think of beyond just marvel movies I believe. 

Yeah but it's been clear any Venom crossover will be on Venoms side, not on the Marvel Studios side.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

If it's really releasing this year, Sony is being extremely bullish. It could go either way, but the GA needs some marketing lol.

Next year with Spider-Man’s 60th birthday they will get loads of marketing for free. Hence why this is going to next May.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.





×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.