Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

6 minutes ago, Menor said:

That last part is the worst for me. There is simply no good reason to introduce all these old characters here other than pure fanservice. This whole movie just seems like 2.5 hours of fanservice and very little story. Hopefully the movie is a lot better than the trailer but I am not convinced. For me this is the worst MCU trailer I have seen.

My biggest fear watching the teaser is the messy nature of it. Hopefully with Kevin Feige involved, he has earned our trust that NWH will atleast be competent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

There would be recordings of all that on EDITH. EDITH's logs would have Mysterio handling it and giving commands to destroy London, etc.

If Mysterio/his team was able to fake audio of Peter attacking London they definitely would cover their tracks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

What is that supposed to mean?

You're being weirdly hyperbolic in your posts, especially saying that you not liking the trailer means that "it's never good". You aren't the center of the universe and you not liking a trailer to a Marvel movie is not the end of the world. At least that's what your posts imply to me.

3 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

He’s gotta be pretty close to 18 at this point. And in any case it’s not true that everybody was an idiot as a teenager, or that “of course he can’t handle it.” He’s had years of being a superhero at this point, handling tough situations, and growing from it. If he was outed like halfway through Homecoming or something and freaked out and went to Strange and broke the multiverse, sure I’d be more sympathetic.

Cool. Being 18 still doesn't automatically make you a genius. I did impulsive, irrational stuff at 18 and I know for a fact you did back then as well. And being through years of trauma like Peter has, being erased from existence, losing your mentor, having to save the world several times, having your autonomy taken away, and as the trailer implies, his identity being revealed is making his life for the worse, all while still not being allowed to drink...yeah, he's still young, impulsive, and immature to me, which makes me think his actions are justifiable

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Oh come now.  When was the last time a tentpole film released in December that was apparently stuffed with fanservice actually turned out to be messy and divisive?

Reveal hidden contents

😄 and OW may even be in a similar range. Now regardless of my opinion of the film TROS was a fun one to track with how big the presales were, hopefully this one gives me that enjoyment at least.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah it may get opening but if trailer suggest its gonna be stinker, legs gonna suffer and overall brand will get some hurt too.

Meh, us two and some other folks here disliking it isn’t really important to GA reception/legs.

• Like 1

I was excited to see the reaction in here but the negativity…

Like it could be a big mess but at least it looks like a FUN mess. Go big or go home. Marvel already dominated for ten years, let them go crazy here even if it is a critical bomb because it definitely won’t be a financial one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah it may get opening but if trailer suggest its gonna be stinker, legs gonna suffer and overall brand will get some hurt too.

It will? I mean i dislike it but go on social media and see everyone hyping it and loving it.

This movie will have ALL the fanservices audiences want, it literally doesn´t need to be good to people like it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Free Eric said:

I know for a fact you did back then as well.

OMG, are you secretly employed by the NSA? Or are you just making sloppy and insulting generalizations about stranger again?   

Edited by Lokis Legion
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Menor said:

That last part is the worst for me. There is simply no good reason to introduce all these old characters here other than pure fanservice. This whole movie just seems like 2.5 hours of fanservice and very little story. Hopefully the movie is a lot better than the trailer but I am not convinced. For me this is the worst MCU trailer I have seen.

You've described the biggest strength of using returning villains for the Six: that way (even if it's not clear if they're the originals) you don't need to spend as long setting them up 

People already have forgotten: Marvel built their empire off of The Avengers films. Infinity War alone had to juggle way more characters than this movie does. Marvel knows how to do it.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Free Eric said:

Well...he's a kid. Of course he can't handle being known as a superhero. He's already going through heavy emotions as is, and people knowing his double life is going to make his mental health worse. And since he's a teen, he's going to act impulsive on this stuff. Everybody was an idiot when they were a teenager. It's really weird to me people here are mad that a teenager...is acting like a teenager.

Yeah, cause Miles Morales did the same stupid stuff even though he seem to have a good knack of it in ITSV and most of his media. As did Peter Parker in other media. If we want other examples of dorky teen heroes with hidden identities with multiple stress issues, we have Deku from MHA who carries an earth shattering secret but has more growth and more hardships than this Peter had. Also isn’t Doctor Strange one of the most knowledgeable people in the MCU especially in the magical realm, wouldn’t he have this backfiring.

Impulsivity isn’t the issue but rather bad storytelling. Though I do think the spell not working isn’t so much Peter talking fault but some in-universe BS on how the spell is naturally flawed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exomassey said:

I was excited to see the reaction in here but the negativity…

Like it could be a big mess but at least it looks like a FUN mess. Go big or go home. Marvel already dominated for ten years, let them go crazy here even if it is a critical bomb because it definitely won’t be a financial one.

I doubt it will be a critical bomb, Marvel knows how to make a decent superhero movie with eyes closed at this point, it will be at least a decent 6/10 [and honestly, having this amount of fanservice that audience wants for years i think 6/10 is more than enough for good legs after an fantastic opening].

And like i said, there´s too many things happening on this movie, cutting a coherent sample of it in just 3 minutes for a trailer is really hard so despite personally i didn´t like it, i think it´s normal to looks too much.

As long as the movie is long and the editing is good, Marvel is probably fine even on the critical aspect, people are overreacting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

OMG, are you secretly employed by the NSA? Or are you just making sloppy and insulting generalizations about stranger again?   

Okay, I'm sorry for my language there. I was trying to be general with all teens because that is a common stereotype. Teens are going through heavy changes in their minds and bodies, so they usually don't have the answers. There's a reason why people talk about how middle school and high school are the worst.

But I realized upon my post that it looked like I was calling you out specifically for being an idiot. That was not my intention, but I know it was entirely my fault for not being specific. I am incredibly sorry for that sentence.

• Like 4

Anyways, the teaser was pretty solid.

Doesn’t look like it would have been the ITSV redux I feared and looks like pretty good fun. I feel much more positive about this film than I did two years.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

Spider-Man's mantra, dare I say his legacy, dare I say the entire Marvel Comics legacy is:

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Peter running to Doctor Strange flat out abandons that, and thus is a huge disservice to his character.  It's why the original comic book story line never worked, and it's why people are heated about this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

is peter just talking to strange while he's doing some time space spell to make everyone forget who he was really enough to mess up with the multi-verse?  the premise sounds pretty silly but this Spidey has always been like that.  

I find it more incompetence on Strange's part that the spell just failed like that but I think the rest looks pretty great. when superhero movies embrace their goofiness they tend to work more often than not. (Ant-Man, Suicide Squad, WW84 and Aquaman come to mind).

someone needs to get Zendaya out of these movies though because she has been nothing but a sider character for this whole trilogy :bagoverhead:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

Meh, us two and some other folks here disliking it isn’t really important to GA reception/legs.

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It will? I mean i dislike it but go on social media and see everyone hyping it and loving it.

This movie will have ALL the fanservices audiences want, it literally doesn´t need to be good to people like it.

Sure fan service and opening will make it a giant HIT but we have a universe to care about and this is really bad for that.

We were seeing the cracks in WV and TFAWS before rest of them catch up, they can be slow to reach there, but they do reach there.