Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

2 minutes ago, Cap said:

Spider-Man's mantra, dare I say his legacy, dare I say the entire Marvel Comics legacy is:

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Peter running to Doctor Strange flat out abandons that, and thus is a huge disservice to his character.  It's why the original comic book story line never worked, and it's why people are heated about this.

oh-brother-the-rock.gif

The plot and explanation for the multiverse seems paper thin.

It's like Sony knows the Raimi nostalgia is enough to carry the movie and sustain the hype...and it is.

But for people who prefer the MCU there's not much to get excited about.

Still should save the theaters and cross 100m OW and 275-325m DOM.

• Like 1

Tbh I do have an unusual personal perspective on older teenagedom, I recognize that people being impulsive overemotional idiots is the common media stereotype. Since it doesn’t match my personal experience well I’m never sure how much is exaggerated vs me lucking out.

• Like 1

What turn me off about this trailer is more the visual aspect.

It just looks... idk ugly. It have this grey pallette all over it which simply doesn´t go along with magic and multiverses. I was shocked that the other ´´timeline´´ have the exact same color grading of ´´our´´timeline, if it wasn´t for the older characters it would look exactly the same.

It just looks visually uninspired overall, Jon Watts is not a terrible director to deal with characters but his eyes to visuals and action are already pretty bad on the other SM movies, i was hoping that with the experience he get he will be able to pull an interesting look for this movie since it´s so different and have Doctor Strange and his psychedelic tricks, but the trailer didn´t sell me this spectacle, i´m hoping it will be different on the movie itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Holy crap over 512K likes in 1 hr on main Sony Channel, this is Infinity War territory! Teaser has definitely done its job, excitement and hype is real.

Evan that leaked trailer yesterday got likes, right? I just think people are doing it out of habit.

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Sure fan service and opening will make it a giant HIT but we have a universe to care about and this is really bad for that.

We were seeing the cracks in WV and TFAWS before rest of them catch up, they can be slow to reach there, but they do reach there.

Maybe, but it´s really hard to judge based on a teaser. I know our first impulse is to make bold assumptions based on what we saw but this is still just a clip without context or proper development, we have to wait before make a statement that it will f-cked the universe.

Also WV overall reception from audiences are great, so as Loki. I though both have problems but still they do what they supposed to do well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It just looks... idk ugly. It have this grey pallette all over it which simply doesn´t go along with magic and multiverses. I was shocked that the other ´´timeline´´ have the exact same color grading of ´´our´´timeline, if it wasn´t for the older characters it would look exactly the same.

It just looks visually uninspired overall, Jon Watts is not a terrible director to deal with characters but his eyes to visuals and action are already pretty bad on the other SM movies, i was hoping that with the experience he get he will be able to pull an interesting look for this movie since it´s so different and have Doctor Strange and his psychedelic tricks, but the trailer didn´t sell me this spectacle, i´m hoping it will be different on the movie itself.

I get your point.

However compared to Far from Home and Homecoming, it does seem a good bit brighter. Not saying it’s a good thing but it definitely looks different for some reason.

• Like 1

I mean as far as character development and fan service, what did y’all expect? We kind of knew this’d happen since the day Foxx and Molina signed on the film on what to expect in far of fanservice and  the tone of the whole MCU Spider-Man has been focusing primarily on the fun.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Doctor Strange is such a visual character and even he looks tad bit off here. 

They have time left so hopefully lots of improvement. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Got some Facebook messages from people with a link to the trailer telling me how excited they are. They didn’t do that with Black Widow, Eternals or Shang Chi

hope movie going is back to normal so it can make the 1.5 or so billion it normally would have made 

1.5B? 

2b Without Covid for sure

2 minutes ago, exomassey said:

This is the Peter Parker that handed over an army of killer Stark drones to a guy he just meet.

It has been established that this Peter is a young teenager who is dumb as f*ck.

That's a bit unfair.

Parker felt the void of Stark's absence and Mysterio swoops in as a desperately needed father figure and mentor.

Of course we know that Mysterio is an evil master of illusion but Parker thought he was a superhero and friend. Let's be honest, Mysterio went through great lengths to decieve Parker and set the trap. No one would say, "wait what if this guy is an ex-Stark employee who created these monsters with SFX".

I like the first minute of the trailer with showing the fallout of Peter getting his identity revealed and potential real life-ish ramifications of it. Although, like some have already said on here, I'm not sure how I feel about the Doctor Strange stuff and dipping into multiverse problems in what I personally think should be a more smaller story.

It does come off as a bit much for a Spider Man Movie and this already feels like it'll be a partial prelude to Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness movie. I just hope it doesn't get too big for it's own good as we saw what happened with amazing spider man 2 or so many other movies that try to do too much.

"Can we just stay up here all day? it is so crazy down there" is how I'm feeling about this movie right now, maybe that will change with the second trailer.

• Like 1