Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

1 minute ago, Lokis Legion said:

MCU spider-man franchise has been really underperforming the Raimi stuff in DOM and Europe (and AZ/Japan) though iirc. If it can play as more of a SM3 sequel there while still acting like MCU for Latam and rest of APAC, that’s when we’d be in business. 

You'd probably need Tobey in a major role for this film and the marketing for this film to really want to reach the Raimi era heights. I think that's also a problem I have is that if it's going to be a mulitiverse movie then go all in on it having Tobey and Andrew Garfield in major supporting roles as opposed to cameos.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

Doesn’t it seem likely that the real story is more complicated than Peter asks for a dumb favor and Strange just goes along with it?

The idea that Peter wrecks the spell by babbling during the casting feel like a misdirect. 

this

1 minute ago, Cap said:

It’s a bit lazy this is how popular entertainment is now engaged with (Free Guy) but this is really true though not necessarily detrimental to the MCU. I think the fan service and Easter eggs are earned and deserved since they built a foundation for a decade. This might push that theory so we’ll see 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

MCU spider-man franchise has been really underperforming the Raimi stuff in DOM and Europe (and AZ/Japan) though iirc. If it can play as more of a SM3 sequel there while still acting like MCU for Latam and rest of APAC, that’s when we’d be in business. 

Just like Potter, SM franchise was declining in Europe too, it was just the ER keep getting better, keeping the gross stable.

Part of Riami film doing that big in traditional markets or any of films was Theatrical exclusivity was bigger than today. The films are getting smaller in traditional markets with Asian/LATAM markets growing.

Don't think Riami films today will be beating Endgame in Europe.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Menor said:

I did really like the first half of the trailer. Having Peter deal with the fallout of his identity reveal was a story I was really excited for after FFH. Honestly I think that could have carried a film on it's own.

Imagine if the authorities hire Kraven to hunt him down? That could’ve been dope.

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yes, but combine that with Marvel Studios and it being a sequel to the highest grossing Sony film ever made...it wasn't out of the question pre covid.

It was never in the question frankly. FFH was smaller than CM in majority countries except China.

This is from someone who is being told to be bold when projecting films.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

This just seems like standard trailer misdirect the multiverse was alleged in FFH and it ended up being a VFX guy. So I doubt anything is as straightforward. In fact seems like a fair bit of conflict between Dr. Strange and Peter throughout the trailer. Peter asks that Strange make it so Mysterio never reveals he is SM to the world. Then when the spell is starting it has switched to no one ever knowing about SM's identity does that include Strange leading to the future conflict. 

I did like the quieter beats and I am interested in how Peter and his friends and family handle the reveal in the beginning.

This movie will do numbers if Delta is not raging.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

You'd probably need Tobey in a major role for this film and the marketing for this film to really want to reach the Raimi era heights. I think that's also a problem I have is that if it's going to be a mulitiverse movie then go all in on it having Tobey and Andrew Garfield in major supporting roles as opposed to cameos.

I think it is a fairly major role. We’ll see.

MCU Spider-Man just isn't for me. Homecoming was fine and Keaton made the movie but FFH was dreadfully dull and this looks worse. Audiences will probably love it but it just looks like 2.5 hours of an overstuffed fan service mess. I also think that Sony probably had more creative control on this one as a result of the renegotiation, I don't think Feige would have jumped into Spiderverse so suddenly.

• Like 1