Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

It was never in the question frankly. FFH was smaller than CM in majority countries except China.

This is from someone who is being told to be bold when projecting films.

FFH didn’t have a nearly comparable hook. Lots of room to grow from there, as we can see the hype is on a completely different level.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So inflation doubles the box office of a movie made 14 years ago? Or triples from a movie made 20 years ago?

No, but when you add it to the biggest brand on the planet plus a billion dollar reboot, getting at least close to the 2 billion ballpark doesn't sound so crazy.

Edited by SpiderByte

27 minutes ago, RRA said:

“Interesting story” Why? I mean if we look at it objectively, one movie is a sequel which involves Dr Strange dealing with a stressed out young character who makes a poor not-thought out choice (which arguably they become conveniently dumb to make said plot turn happen) which breaks reality which is also an creative excuse to indulge in multiverse shenanigans and fan service galore.

…and the other movie is NWH.

Yes I know Raimi is a better director and DS2 has Wandavision going for it Yada yada and if I had to bet, I would assume DS2 will be the better movie. I just find it fascinating how people are viewing those two MCU joints covering some of the same ground.

Well, DS2 plot still seems a natural course of the event we're seeing being developed since WandaVision.

How bring sinister six and Tobey / Andrew is a natural course of the history more than a fanservice?

I'm not even complaining, but from what they show the second half of the trailer simply looks like a gigantic fanservice more than anything else.

• Like 2

Trailer good or bad, every tom holland's spiderman contain hype factor. 

The first one in 2017 teased the return of Spiderman to MCU

the 2nd one teased the Endgame's aftermath

and this one teased the multiverse .

The hype is here and genuine. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

So we decided that the entire plot does not work from the first teaser?

Reminds me back in the day when the Internet was convinced IM3 would be grimdark Nolan-y stuff because of that first trailer.

(That’s even more hilarious in retrospect considering the movie we got.)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I would've preferred a Wakandan Kraven to this.

I think that would've been fun.

Essentially a Predator vs Spider-man flick.

But Sony rather do a victory lap for their glory days, so...

As much as I'm excited for this, if we're not getting Kraven in the next Black Panther movie I don't see why we can't have him in a third Spidey movie. Would've made a lot of sense to do Kraven's Last Hunt after Far From Home's ending. 

Also, where's Matt Murdock? C'mon Feige...

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

So we decided that the entire plot does not work from the first teaser?

The premise as shown in the teaser does not work for me. If it's different in the actual movie or better executed then I will be more than happy with that. I'm seeing this anyway since the MCU Peter is my favorite superhero so I will be delighted if my feeling from the trailer is wrong.

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Well, DS2 plot still seems a natural course of the event we're seeing being developed since WandaVision.

How bring sinister six and Tobey / Andrew is a natural course of the history more than a fanservice?

I'm not even complaining, but from what they show the second half of the trailer simply looks like a gigantic fanservice more than anything else.

Well since MCU is going multiverse happy which is affecting that whole universe, if you’re going to play that card for the Spidey IP then yeah it would make sense that characters/variants connected to him would show up. It’s like (just hypothetical) if DS2 featured the 70s TV movie version of that character showing up. That would make sense, right? (In that regard, the rumored DS2 cameos arguably reek even more of fan service than NWH but I digress.)

Ultimately after many years online (including too much time in the mental gymnastics hellscape that is Star Wars discourse) lately I’ve realized there really is one difference between “good” or “bad” fan service: if you dig it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

That's a good catch. So that's 5 villains shown in the trailer in some capacity. Wonder if someone will catch some glimpse of rhino in there or something  

I remember the take of "having too many villains in Spider-man movie has never turned out to be good". Plus the curse of third one.

What can go wrong.

6 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

As much as I'm excited for this, if we're not getting Kraven in the next Black Panther movie I don't see why we can't have him in a third Spidey movie. Would've made a lot of sense to do Kraven's Last Hunt after Far From Home's ending. 

Also, where's Matt Murdock? C'mon Feige...

I wonder if Kraven plans got screwed when Sony went “yeah we want that as a franchise spinoff too!” ?