Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

6 hours ago, cookieleeann said:

It's true and idk why it is because it wasn't always this way. I enjoy the films but you can't help but tell something is off and murky.

They all look better on 4K television sets where the colors pop a bit more by virtue of the image being condensed. But yeah, cannot fathom why Feige wants it that way. It's even more obvious after revisiting scenes from Raimi's films. Those movies really pop. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cookieleeann said:

It's true and idk why it is because it wasn't always this way. I enjoy the films but you can't help but tell something is off and murky.

that applies to most films these days. Marvel or not. Unless they have a Deakins type cinematographer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

that applies to most films these days. Marvel or not. Unless they have a Deakins type cinematographer 

That's simply not true. I don't know if you watch a lot of movies, but for example, just this year...

Judas and the Black Messiah

Cherry

The Woman in the Window

Cruella (mostly the camerawork and staging)

Army of the Dead

The Green Knight

The Suicide Squad

Hell, even Snyder Cut and Reminiscence. 

All of the above have wonderful photography, and almost none of them have a DP on the level of a Roger Deakins. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

They all look better on 4K television sets where the colors pop a bit more by virtue of the image being condensed. But yeah, cannot fathom why Feige wants it that way. It's even more obvious after revisiting scenes from Raimi's films. Those movies really pop. 

I just finished an entire rewatch of the MCU in 4K physical. They're very bland 4K discs. Hugely disappointing. The colors dont pop like they should in comparison to some other stuff.

Funny enough I put on Planet Earth II after and that was incredible in 4K physical.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

I just finished an entire rewatch of the MCU in 4K physical. They're very bland 4K discs. Hugely disappointing. The colors dont pop like they should in comparison to some other stuff.

Funny enough I put on Planet Earth II after and that was incredible in 4K physical.

Yeah...I mean, they're still no Blade Runner 2049. I recall doing a full blu ray rewatch on my 4K TV in the lead up to Endgame and came away wondering why everything looked so much better compared to when I saw them in theaters. 

I still think this trailer is nearly flawless. But that final shot of Doc Ock, given the importance of the moment, it's...it's a problem. 

3 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Nono no guys, you understimate this one 

Maybe I'm wrong but there's no way it's even close to endgame. Sorry I just don't give a crap about trailer views. I'll believe it when I see it.

Find you I fully accept this is one of the most hyped films of the last decade. So the distinction is pretty minimal regardless.

2 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

They all look better on 4K television sets where the colors pop a bit more by virtue of the image being condensed.

Not sure that would be the reason, I could be wrong but more recent 4K tv (and content) tend to use wider color space-gamut format than older non 4K affair and would be responsible for the change in color (let alone HDR being well supported), and not due the resolution (I would imagine upscaled HDR 10 bits 1080p would pop has much on that 4K tv and vice versa on a 1080p that support 10 bit HDR 1000)

36 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not sure that would be the reason, I could be wrong but more recent 4K tv (and content) tend to use wider color space-gamut format than older non 4K affair and would be responsible for the change in color (let alone HDR being well supported), and not due the resolution (I would imagine upscaled HDR 10 bits 1080p would pop has much on that 4K tv and vice versa on a 1080p that support 10 bit HDR 1000)

I don't believe I had an HDR TV at the time, but yeah, there's more to it than "condensing." 

21 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I find it weird that Loki and WandaVision look better than some of the movies except well Thor Ragnarok and GoTG Vol.2. That being said, at least it's improving in Phase-4. Eternals looks amazing visual wise and BW looked better than expected. I hope Raimi gets to do this thing with DS2.

Depends on how passionate talent working is. This movie is shot by award winning cinematographer but even he can't do anything if Director is a hack. 

I fear for F4 :raining: 

50 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Depends on how passionate talent working is. This movie is shot by award winning cinematographer but even he can't do anything if Director is a hack. 

I fear for F4 :raining: 

I mean Ant-Man was lensed by the Oscar winning DP of Titanic and it’s sequel lensed by Dante Spinotti.

It’s less blaming directors and more the shop style (whether for practicality or consistency reasons, etc) though some directors somehow wring some concessions. 

6 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Maybe I'm wrong but there's no way it's even close to endgame. Sorry I just don't give a crap about trailer views. I'll believe it when I see it.

Find you I fully accept this is one of the most hyped films of the last decade. So the distinction is pretty minimal regardless.

Ok but is more hyped than CW and AOU

• Like 1

The "male spider hypnotizing female spiders" line is a nod to Cameron's 90's script with Leo Peter Parker where... this happens at the end of the film...

Easily the most disturbing element, however, is a scene in which Spider-Man performs a seductive spider-dance for Mary Jane while spouting trivia about the courtship rituals of spiders, before binding her to the Brooklyn Bridge with his webs and making love to her. Perhaps it's for the best that we never saw that on the big screen.

https://screenrant.com/spider-man-james-cameron-undermade-marvel-movie-story-details/

JAMES, YOUR IMPACT!

• Like 1