Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

43 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

Not lying, but iirc this is not the first time you’ve asserted this with seemingly little awareness that it’s a pretty weird niche opinion.

You seem to have little awareness that this is not an argument. Just makes you sound like a douche policing opinions based on perceived popularity of that opinion. THAT is weird. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

You seem to have little awareness that this is not an argument. Just makes you sound like a douche policing opinions based on perceived popularity of that opinion. THAT is weird. 

I’m not “policing your opinion.” Just pointing out that it’s not a very widely shared one so naturally lots of people aren’t going to have the same rankings of CBMs as your hyper villain focused approach would lead to.

• Like 1

Yeah ok. - GIF on Imgur

Garfield also expresses pride at being part of a superhero lineage with Tobey Maguire and Holland, both of whom he’s bumped into at various points in his career. He goes red-faced and laughs it off when asked about unconfirmed reports and leaked images that seem to confirm that he will appear in the upcoming “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” a Multiverse tale that is said to unite him, Maguire and Holland for the first time on-screen as Spider-Men.

“I understand why people are freaking out about the concept of that because I’m a fan as well. You can’t help but imagine scenes and moments of ‘Oh, my God, how fucking cool would it be if they did that?’” he says. “But it’s important for me to say on the record that this is not something I’m aware I am involved in. But I know I’m not going to be able to say anything that will convince anyone that I don’t know what’s happening. No matter what I say, I’m fucked. It’s either going to be really disappointing for people or it’s going to be really exciting.”

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

If Tobey and Andrew are in this then I'd be impressed by Sony's restraint if they weren't in the 2nd trailer but by Sony's track record they'll probably be all over the poster and 2nd trailer.

Are there any ifs about it at this point? Seriously though, unless they’re only in the movie for a few minutes near the end, I see no reason not to include them in the marketing. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 5:51 PM, Darth Lehnsherr said:

If Tobey and Andrew are in this then I'd be impressed by Sony's restraint if they weren't in the 2nd trailer but by Sony's track record they'll probably be all over the poster and 2nd trailer.

Frankly, I think having the two previous live action Spideys in the film is a major selling point and SONY would be crazy to sacrafice that.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2021 at 5:57 PM, WittyUsername said:

Are there any ifs about it at this point? Seriously though, unless they’re only in the movie for a few minutes near the end, I see no reason not to include them in the marketing. 

The two previous Spidey's have been rumored to be in this film for so long I think any hope of getting mileage out of a surprise factor is almost non existent. Soney would be crazy not to use them as a selling point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The two previous Spidey's have been rumored to be in this film for so long I think any hope of getting mileage out of a surprise factor is almost non existent. Soney would be crazy not to use them as a selling point.

Just because us and other film/comic nerds are aware, doesn't mean much of the GA is.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, john2000 said:

just wait for the sec trailer, wouldnt be surpised to see it hit 400 mill views in 24 hours, just saying................

It'll drop. The hype always declines for the 2nd trailer. Infinity War and Endgame were the same way. I'd go with a 10-20% decrease. 

13 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

It'll drop. The hype always declines for the 2nd trailer. Infinity War and Endgame were the same way. I'd go with a 10-20% decrease. 

based on what i have heard....i would say that there is a very good chance it increases.... anyways we will find out relatively soon

Edited by john2000

14 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I could see it increase if they put in the money shot of the 3 Spider-Men. That will absolutely bust the Internet wide open. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, unclear how much they'll blow their load, but... we are talking about Sony here. 

If they put in like Tobey vs Dafoe, Cox, and a 3 spideys shot it's not obvious to me it would decrease. 

There's plenty of other stuff that could make the internet go bonkers tbh. This is just me brainstorming and not based on any rumors -- I doubt most of it is even in the movie. But stuff like:

Kingpin or other Netflix characters

She-hulk

Tom Hardy

Spider-verse miles

A spider-gwen

3 spideys talk about uncle Ben

Tobey giving great power responsibility etc quote

Etc. The premise just lends itself well to mega-nostalgia bait/fan teases

Edited by Legion of the Ten Crores

4 minutes ago, Legion of the Ten Crores said:

Yeah, unclear how much they'll blow their load, but... we are talking about Sony here. 

If they put in like TOM vs Dafoe, Cox, and a 3 spideys shot it's not obvious to me it would decrease. 

is way more likely, i can assure you.....

On 9/14/2021 at 11:39 PM, Orestes said:

Just because us and other film/comic nerds are aware, doesn't mean much of the GA is.

I'd say the record breaking trailer views indicates that much of the general public are aware. Why else would it have such a huge increase in interest? With social media, you don't have to be a nerd these days to stumble across rumours like this 

• Like 1