Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

On 12/23/2020 at 9:29 AM, cookieleeann said:

Pre covid this is making Avengers 1 money. Tobey coming back is a HUGE deal...bigger than Andrew coming back IMO. Lots of nostalgia attached there. My friend OS told me in many markets Raimi films were the first time they were exposed to big superhero film spectacles. 

I may be wrong but Spider-Man 3 might still hold the record for the biggest opening for a superhero film ever in France(I think). I don't even think Endgame could topple it even though it came close. ...i think

lmao 

Spiderman FFH made 1.1B thanks to MCU post end game. It was extremely tacky, on par with CM.

Fun but super childish. Did fairly well in China but 70m less than Venom

Edited by cdsacken

On 12/23/2020 at 7:31 AM, WandaLegion said:

We’re getting a little off topic here, I probably shouldn’t  have responded to ddddeeee’s post since this isn’t really the thread for it anyway.     

I assume since they haven’t received any discussion that people agree with my 450-550 DOM, 850-1.05 OS ranges for the movie that this thread is about 😁

I think it will be lucky to hit 1.05B total

This whole sequence was so good. Homecoming was great.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/90w4BFUiiZ">pic.twitter.com/90w4BFUiiZ</a></p>&mdash; out of context marvel (@nocontextmarveI) <a href="https://twitter.com/nocontextmarveI/status/1326865499368554496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Was just thinking about the box office for this and realized that the last time we had this calendar configuration was 2010, and the biggest opener that weekend was Tron Legacy’s 17M. It’s also the only calendar config with Xmas Eve, Xmas, and Boxing Day in the same weekend. Dailies could get a little wild to try to project from.  

Edited by WandaLegion

55 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Was just thinking about the box office for this and realized that the last time we had this calendar configuration was 2010, and the biggest opener that weekend was Tron Legacy’s 17M. It’s also the only calendar config with Xmas Eve, Xmas, and Boxing Day in the same weekend. Dailies could get a little wild to try to project from.  

O/U TROS domestically if this film is a 90+ RT critics/audience? 

Just noticed that this movie will almost certainly push the Spider-man franchise past Wizarding World and into the top 3 WW franchises. Should overtake SW with another couple years and the top 2 grossing franchises will be MCU and Spider-man 😆