Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Warner Bros. will have two more trailers out for The Batman before we get a Spidey trailer. 😂

But like I said, that's cool... I prefer the "less is more" approach.  

That's par of the course for WB joints for decades now. They show too much.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alligator Zatt said:

That's par of the course for WB joints for decades now. They show too much.

In terms of the past few years, they’ve usually avoided putting out official trailers for their movies until half a year from release. They didn’t even put out a trailer for GvK until two months before it was released. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 2:01 PM, Macleod said:

Warner Bros. will have two more trailers out for The Batman before we get a Spidey trailer. 😂

But like I said, that's cool... I prefer the "less is more" approach.  

I love less is more approaches. I'm just starting to get impatient for our first look lol

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 6:30 AM, TMP said:

They should release it with Shang Chi, no need for it to be any earlier

Spiderman  has a big "presold" audience. People are aware  of the charecter. You don't to sell it a long time in advance the way you   would a film with a unknown or littel known charecter.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Spiderman  has a big "presold" audience. People are aware  of the charecter. You don't to sell it a long time in advance the way you   would a film with a unknown or littel known charecter.

Well they do still need to advertise, and September seems like a reasonable window of time to start.

Latest  "Unbilled Surprise MCU Charecter appreance  rumor is....

Spoiler

Wanda Maximoff now officially called "THe Scarlet Witch". THis is one of the more plausible ones,given this film iies directly into the next Dr Strange Movie.

Edited by dudalb

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Oh, I agree the rumors are ridiculous but ...

Hide contents

I do find the Scarlett Witch rumor a bit more plausible then the others.

Oh don't get me wrong, that one makes sense. But like Dr Strange 2, I've seen enough 4chan "leaks" where everything under the sun are in them movies. 

I've been assuming the reason for a lack of trailer is because they're doing an Endgame thing where they hide the multiverse stuff (or at least Maguire and Garfield) but after the Venom trailer hinting it's release date isn't set I'm starting to think it may be because this is about to get the boot to 2022.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

On 8/2/2021 at 9:20 AM, SpiderByte said:

I've been assuming the reason for a lack of trailer is because they're doing an Endgame thing where they hide the multiverse stuff (or at least Maguire and Garfield) but after the Venom trailer hinting it's release date isn't set I'm starting to think it may be because this is about to get the boot to 2022.

It’s probably either that NWH is being delayed or they are going for a different marketing strategy.

• Like 1

It's close enough so they can use it for marketing - but 2022 is the 60th Anniversary of Spider-Man in the comics (Amazing Fantasy #15)...wonder if they're debating on whether to delay it a handful of weeks to capitalize on it.

Sure there's still Spider-verse 2 next year as well, but Miles isn't Peter. It's not his 60th.

20 hours ago, RRA said:

No trailers would be a bold strategy. 

Oh, No I didn’t mean no trailers. I meant trailers being released but less trailers or trailers for it being released closer to its theatrical release.