Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

46 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

If Andrew and Tobey get announced the hype will be unreal.  

They will be. Doctor Strange confirms multiverse 100%. So they are bringing in Simmonds and Foxx but not Tobey and Andrew? Suuure. It's happening. It's done. All 3 PPs will be in the same movie. Xmas is going to be gigantic. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ddddeeee said:

Would rather they saved the crazy stuff for DS2 and focus on making a Spider-Man movie instead. Watts ain't the guy for this.

Agree, maybe the Dr. Strange stuff is more post-credits? If all PPs are in this (who knows) maybe it really is just a post-credits thing, setting up for Dr. Strange 2

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Agree, maybe the Dr. Strange stuff is more post-credits? If all PPs are in this (who knows) maybe it really is just a post-credits thing, setting up for Dr. Strange 2

I have a feeling its either that or something related to restoring Peter's secret identity (could imagine some magical trickery might come in hand there). It still seems weird to have Spider-Verse right now. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Or maybe DR Strange does some shenanigans to wipe away Mysterio’s shenanigans 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I don’t think we’d be hearing about this right now if his appearance was just a post-credits thing. 

• Like 1

Now that this does seem like it will have more of a multiverse component at least to some degree, I can’t help but wonder if the Phase 4 multiverse shenanigans will go some way toward addressing the relationship between the MCU and whatever is going on with Sony.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Even apart from Ned and Ganke, his suit are made by others, worships certain heroes, gets quickly involved into larger scaled battle between heroes when first introduced, both have a seemingly middle class life and got into a high tech school, whilst continuing the legacy of a fallen mentor.

Most of these are so broad by that metric Kamala Khan is a ripoff of Miles.

@Macleod according to the Sony leak the Black suit MUST be the symbiote. Even though he's worn non-symbiote versions of the black suit in the comics. The stealth suit from Far From Home was different enough it probably didn't count but the classic black outfit is legally required to be a symbiote.

Edited by SpiderByte

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Most of these are so broad by that metric Kamala Khan is a ripoff of Miles.

Yet the two have separately different cultures, Kamala and Miles have much less in common than Miles and MCU Peter, and I feel like that’s not an apt comparison as Kamala never had the mantle of Spider-Man.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

@Macleod according to the Sony leak the Black suit MUST be the symbiote. Even though he's worn non-symbiote versions of the black suit in the comics. The stealth suit from Far From Home was different enough it probably didn't count but the classic black outfit is legally required to be a symbiote.

The leak from years ago?  Who knows?  I'd say that this is all up for re-interpretation/re-negotiation with the new deal Sony signed with Disney/Marvel.  Wouldn't be surprised if this was one of many negotiable points. 

Edited by Macleod

49 minutes ago, Menor said:

I have a feeling its either that or something related to restoring Peter's secret identity (could imagine some magical trickery might come in hand there). It still seems weird to have Spider-Verse right now. 

Yeah have to agree i was looking forward to Peter being on his own and dealing with being on the run as a teenager. Weird that all the recent rumours and casting news has left me less excited for Spidey 3.

At least we'll get interviews like this

42 minutes ago, Macleod said:

The leak from years ago?  Who knows?  I'd say that this is all up for re-interpretation/re-negotiation with the new deal Sony signed with Disney/Marvel.  Wouldn't be surprised if this was one of many negotiable points. 

It wasn't Marvel Studios deal with Sony, it was clarifying stuff for Sonys ownership of Spideys rights. Even for the Raimi and Webb films, the black suit would have to be a symbiote.

Also funnily enough, the rights for Bombastic Bag Man are frozen, since he's both a Fantastic Four character and a Spider-Man character.

Edited by SpiderByte

44 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Yet the two have separately different cultures, Kamala and Miles have much less in common than Miles and MCU Peter, and I feel like that’s not an apt comparison as Kamala never had the mantle of Spider-Man.

Miles has so much in common with Peter because his origin is deliberately designed to parallel Peter.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It wasn't Marvel Studios deal with Sony, it was clarifying stuff for Sonys ownership of Spideys rights. Even for the Raimi and Webb films, the black suit would have to be a symbiote.

Also funnily enough, the rights for Bombastic Bag Man are frozen, since he's both a Fantastic Four character and a Spider-Man character.

Yes, I understand that.  Anything can change, is all I'm saying...  But Marvel/Disney/Sony will seemingly be working together here doing whatever they can to variate this new Spidey from older ones in a genre sense.  "The same, but different."  They already got away with that "look" with the Far From Home' suit, so my hunch is that Sony is obviously being less precious about that old stipulation... 

Edited by Macleod

33 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Miles has so much in common with Peter because his origin is deliberately designed to parallel Peter.

Yes but Peter has his own separate qualities and Miles has his own separate qualities. The MCU Peter while inspired from the Ultimate Spider-Man run, feels a lot more similar to Miles Morales.

I understand MCU wanted a different creative choice after Peter has been done twice but simultaneously there’s a lot I don’t like about the MCU Peter. I don’t like the fact that Peter is entirely reliant on others, Peter barely faces social consequences and we’ve yet to see how they will handle the reveal at FFH but given Aunt May is cool with Peter being Spider-Man I kind of doubt it will effect much, and on top of that Peter barely struggles outside of villain fights. 

I know it’s non tangent to the conversation, but Peter feels less like Peter, and that makes him not interesting to me and more critical about his flaws. I get that why not have Miles as a teen Spidey and Peter as an adult Spidey. Apart from Black Panther, POC heroes barely get much screentime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Menor said:

Plot of One Moment In Time, one of the worst Spider-Man stories of all time (ironic considering it was supposed to do damage control for the story it was following up on, One More Day, which is also equally terrible).

I could imagine an attempt being made to erase people's memories of Spidey's identity by tapping into reality manipulation but it all goes wrong and leads to the Multiverse of Madness.

Or WandaVision sets up the events of both Spidey 3 and MoM and the secret identity is restored at the end of Multiverse.