Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Why?

Cuz many big movies will slowly be pushed towards the latter end of the year, as theatres are still not running as per the capacity, studios would like them to run. Also, it doesn't make sense for Sony to release Venom 2 before Spiderman 3 with Morbius in between. Morbius and Venom 2 have some shared universe thing going on.

Edited by marveldcfox

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

Cuz many big movies will slowly be pushed towards the latter end of the year, as theatres are still not running as per the capacity, studios would like them to run. Also, it doesn't make sense for Sony to release Venom 2 before Spiderman 3 with Morbius in between. Morbius and Venom 2 have some shared universe thing going on.

I’m not saying you’re wrong about this getting moved to next year, but why would Morbius getting released in between movies matter? 

20 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Probably not. They’ve got a great date.

It depends on how loaded the fall/holiday 2021 schedule will be. Judging by how theaters are reacting, I don’t expect movies to be back in capacity until July at earliest.

38 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It depends on how loaded the fall/holiday 2021 schedule will be. Judging by how theaters are reacting, I don’t expect movies to be back in capacity until July at earliest.

Will more movies get delayed into Q4 2021? Yeah, almost certainly. Will big ones be delayed to somewhere too close to Spider-man... probably not. Because then they would get hurt by Spider-man.   

This is the biggest movie of the year. They don’t move to avoid competition. Competition avoids them.

Edited by WandaLegion

59 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Will more movies get delayed into Q4 2021? Yeah, almost certainly. Will big ones be delayed to somewhere too close to Spider-man... probably not. Because then they would get hurt by Spider-man.   

This is the biggest movie of the year. They don’t move to avoid competition. Competition avoids them.

Meh, I’d argue Eternals being bigger 🤷🏿‍♂️

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Meh, I’d argue Eternals being bigger 🤷🏿‍♂️

I would prefer that, but a first entry beating a sequel to a 1.13B grosser is a tough ask. Eternals would essentially need to be a 2nd Black Panther — no other solo subfranchise first entry performance would be enough to surpass what Spidey is likely to pull. Even before considering holidays.

Edited by WandaLegion

5 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

I would prefer that, but a first entry beating a sequel to a 1.13B grosser is a tough ask. Eternals would essentially need to be a 2nd Black Panther — no other solo subfranchise first entry performance would be enough to surpass what Spidey is likely to pull. Even before considering holidays.

Again I think other films won’t back down for the holidays even when dealing with SM3, and even though I think it’ll jump, I wonder if it would be somewhat muted in December. Like we get slightly underwhelming OW in exchange for great legs. I also think Eternals will likely get better WOM than SM3, and potentially less competition.

Apart from Star Wars, there hasn’t been a December opener over $100M, though I do think the MCU appeal and likely multiple Spider-Man will guarantee an $100M OW, I want to see how the pandemic plays out for both release and schedule wise (while I think $250m is the ceiling for Matrix 4, I think it could snap at SM3’s margins if given a full release like speculated) and how much over $100M will it go, as I can see $150M but I think my range is $130m-$160m OW with a lean more towards the former.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

will it be even complete by then. 

Should be. 

Though I worry with movies likely being pushed onto July, how will Marvel Studios do 4 CBMs in a five month timeframe, unless Shang Chi pushed to 2022 or Widow does hybrid for May.

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Though I worry with movies likely being pushed onto July, how will Marvel Studios do 4 CBMs in a five month timeframe,

You just put them in theaters, and people show up to theaters and buy tickets and watch them. No muss no fuss.   

BW will probably be May though anyway.

4 hours ago, AJG said:

I'm getting the sense Chris Evans is coming back as the Human Torch for this movie and Deadline are confused.

That would be cool, but I'm betting it's for a multiverse-"America's ass" Cap for a big finale fight in Dr. Strange II.  😁  

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 7:45 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Yeah, but that probably won't affect the Christmas movie. If anything Spidey is the most likely to keep it's release date