Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

I'll be honest, I'm not totally excited about this. I think Spiderverse was overrated (minority, I know) and the writers here are already at a disadvantage since they have to continue the Far From Home storylines. Not a fan of the black costume either so I'm afraid this could just be an overbloated MCU fest as opposed to a Spiderman movie. But of course, given the "possibilities", there's still a novelty factor I can't resist and maybe they pull off some interesting ideas regarding the identity of Peter Parker and what it means to be Spider-Man

That said, it would be VERY underwhelming if the trailer doesn't lean into everything at this point. 

37 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Hopefully the trailer shows nothing:

1. To keep the surprises, surprises 

2. To piss off internet fanboys 

This is Sony we’re talking about, the same Sony that put the final shot of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in the trailer. Based on that, we’ll probably get a shot of all three Spider-Man actors standing in a row and Spider-Ham bonking Willem Dafoe on the head with a hammer…

11 hours ago, eddyxx said:

This is the same studio who insisted on promoting the new spider-man movie even though he was dead and endgame hadn’t came out yet lol. Never underestimate them.

True, Sony has a "rep."  But the word from the Sony Production head himself is that Marvel/Feige are coordinating with them directly on marketing for this movie, so we can "hope" that Feige pushes for some reveals to be held close to the chest.  I think his recent EW interview on the red carpet while mentioning Molina shows very clearly how he feels.

And considering all of this, I would say that there continues to be a pretty wild free-range discussion of what could very well be very big spoiler material in this particular forum for this movie, as well.  What do the Mods think about this??

On 7/6/2021 at 6:22 PM, Macleod said:

True, Sony has a "rep."  But the word from the Sony Production head himself is that Marvel/Feige are coordinating with them directly on marketing for this movie, so we can "hope" that Feige pushes for some reveals to be held close to the chest.  I think his recent EW interview on the red carpet while mentioning Molina shows very clearly how he feels.

And considering all of this, I would say that there continues to be a pretty wild free-range discussion of what could very well be very big spoiler material in this particular forum for this movie, as well.  What do the Mods think about this??

It wasn't a Sony production head, it was Disney's marketing president. And he didn't really say that they are coordinating on marketing. He said that Sony is absolutely handling the marketing and that they are not working together on the marketing because it is Sony's movie. The only thing he said they are working together as far as marketing is concerned is that they make sure they are aware when the marketing material is being released.

And as far as what's gonna be shown in the trailer, there's a leaker on reddit, who as of now has a good track record, that said that in the first trailer they won't show Tobey and Andrew. But still take it with a grain of salt cause leakers can still get things wrong even if they seem solid.

Edited by Clayman

3 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

This has to be the most anticipated film trailer of all time. I’m not sure what else would come close. Maybe the first trailer for Avatar, all the way back at Comic-Con 2009? First trailer for Infinity War?

The first trailers for IW and EG. Maybe also the first trailer for TFA

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

This has to be the most anticipated film trailer of all time. I’m not sure what else would come close. Maybe the first trailer for Avatar, all the way back at Comic-Con 2009? First trailer for Infinity War?

No way. 

Infinity War and Endgame trailer>>>>

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

No way. 

Infinity War and Endgame trailer>>>>

This. Plus, it isn't like everyone knows about Tobey and Andrew. I can see numbers blowing up when word spread within seconds that they are in the trailer but we still live in a bubble. Outside of it, people are pretty clueless.

On 7/8/2021 at 3:24 AM, Clayman said:

It wasn't a Sony production head, it was Disney's marketing president. And he didn't really say that they are coordinating on marketing. He said that Sony is absolutely handling the marketing and that they are not working together on the marketing because it is Sony's movie. The only thing he said they are working together as far as marketing is concerned is that they make sure they are aware when the marketing material is being released.

And as far as what's gonna be shown in the trailer, there's a leaker on reddit, who as of now has a good track record, that said that in the first trailer they won't show Tobey and Andrew. But still take it with a grain of salt cause leakers can still get things wrong even if they seem solid.

Haha, I was mixing it up with this interview.  And it's all nebulous and semantics, anyway -- Feige is clearly "advising" here, but it's up to SONY how much they listen... 

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/spider-man-sony-marvel-kraven-sanford-panitch-1234984449/

On 7/8/2021 at 3:36 AM, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I'll personally be really bummed if the trailer doesn't reveal it. Give us just a tease

Doesn't reveal what?  What are we talking about here?  We know practically nothing...officially. 😂

And again, my question to the MODS (which seems to go unanswered) is why there seem to be different standards in this thread for talking about supposed "spoilers" than BLACK WIDOW or any other thread? 

Edited by Macleod

On 7/8/2021 at 8:02 PM, OncomingStorm93 said:

Can't tell if joking or not.