Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

4 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I don't expect the teaser until sometime before mid August, looking at Venom 2's marketing.

They should release it with Shang Chi, no need for it to be any earlier

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

I don’t think is getting delayed, but if the variants take a while to get under control, I can see it getting some kind of premier access as well. Let’s hope that by then things are much more safer tho.

Sony doesn’t have their own streaming service, so where would this even go?

25 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I know about the deal Sony made with Disney, but that isn’t supposed to take effect until after their deal with Netflix runs its course, is it? 

"The agreement comes on the heels of Sony’s output deal with Netflix for titles in the lucrative post-theatrical release Pay 1 window. The Disney deal covers subsequent TV windows, meaning that the titles will land on Netflix first, about nine months after the start of a film’s theatrical run. "

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alligator Zatt said:

I don’t think is getting delayed, but if the variants take a while to get under control, I can see it getting some kind of premier access as well. Let’s hope that by then things are much more safer tho.

When you said variants, my mind immediately went to Loki (the multiverse) 😂

• Like 2

Other than the fact that I will love to see trailer now personally, I want Hollywood to stop overkilling marketing with multiple trailers months before release. Its Internet age, you don't need 6 months of showing trailer before movies to build up hype.

A trailer one month before is more than enough. I am sure it won't be one month before but kudos for reducing it as much they can.

• Like 5

I think it’s unrealistic to expect a “normal” trailer time from the MCU now when they’re doing like 7 movies in a 12 month period here. They probably don’t want to have trailers for like 4 different movies out at the same time they’re trying to actively promote a 5th on recent release. I don’t expect to have trailers for more than 3 or so at a time.  

This one should be coming soon now that Loki is wrapped up though, imo.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Other than the fact that I will love to see trailer now personally, I want Hollywood to stop overkilling marketing with multiple trailers months before release. Its Internet age, you don't need 6 months of showing trailer before movies to build up hype.

A trailer one month before is more than enough. I am sure it won't be one month before but kudos for reducing it as much they can.

I do think 6+ months is overkill, but I think anything less than that it's reasonable. Gotta have time to make general audiences aware. Not everyone is a nerd like me who wants to constantly look up information about the film lol I just feel like 1 or 2 months is too short of a window. 3 months would probably be the max I would personally go. 4-5 months I think is preferable.

The fact that the title for this film keeps trending on social media without anything new to actually share just proves that they don’t need to be in a rush to release any trailers. The people who are plugged into the MCU know it’s coming, the trailer will be for everyone else, and they won’t really care until a couple of months out. Plus, we’re still in a pandemic, Sony probably don’t want to see a repeat of No Time To Die where MGM/Uni blew their load early and then have to keep making new trailers out of the same footage in the event of delays (as unlikely as that probably is now).

I’d bet on it being attached to Shang Chi or Venom.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I know there's logistical and money-saving reasons for this, but I really hope this pandemic doesn't cause marketing windows to shrink, because big, elaborate ad campaigns is a huge part of the fun for a lot of movies. Having a long period full of trailers and promos just makes me more excited about the movie and gives you a fun period where you'll have a long wait, but it makes the whole thing even more worth it.

I still remember when I was 11 years old and when Toy Story 3 had its first teaser out more than a year before its release, it just made me more excited. Knowing something I'll love is coming out, and coming out soon-ish, was amazing. It just made me more and more hyped to check the film out, search online for more trailers and promos and sucked me into something that I knew I was gonna love even more. I even had those same feeling with Black Panther and the Star Wars sequels, even if they weren't quite a year long in terms of promos and campaigns.

I also had the same reactions at 11 with The Last Airbender with its first teaser trailer, but that obviously didn't pan out nearly as well as Toy Story did. :lol: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Snake Eric said:

I know there's logistical and money-saving reasons for this, but I really hope this pandemic doesn't cause marketing windows to shrink, because big, elaborate ad campaigns is a huge part of the fun for a lot of movies. Having a long period full of trailers and promos just makes me more excited about the movie and gives you a fun period where you'll have a long wait, but it makes the whole thing even more worth it.

I still remember when I was 11 years old and when Toy Story 3 had its first teaser out more than a year before its release, it just made me more excited. Knowing something I'll love is coming out, and coming out soon-ish, was amazing. It just made me more and more hyped to check the film out, search online for more trailers and promos and sucked me into something that I knew I was gonna love even more. I even had those same feeling with Black Panther and the Star Wars sequels, even if they weren't quite a year long in terms of promos and campaigns.

I also had the same reactions at 11 with The Last Airbender with its first teaser trailer, but that obviously didn't pan out nearly as well as Toy Story did. :lol: 

The “one year from now” trailer and posters for Interstellar were pure hype.

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

The fact that the title for this film keeps trending on social media without anything new to actually share just proves that they don’t need to be in a rush to release any trailers

Never take trends seriously. It almost take nothing to trend anything and for something like MCU and Star Wars, trending is easy peasy.