Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

Good call by Sony if they can finish filming and get everything done in time. Holland said they were supposed to finish filming in February of 21 so they should have enough time if there are no delays. 

Edited by cax16

33 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Awesome. Could do 4 McU movies this year in theory when BW gets pushed. Maybe 13 or so in 2021-2023

Feb 21: Black Widow
May 21: Eternals 
Aug 21: Shang-Chi 
Dec 21: Spider-Man 3

Then for 2022 / 23, every date can stay where it already is in theory, although I'd like to see some more space between the four films in 2022. Four films in 6 months may be a bit much. 

• Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Then for 2022 / 23, every date can stay where it already is in theory, although I'd like to see some more space between the four films in 2022. Four films in 6 months may be a bit much. 

Or could end up having to be more along the lines of

BW April(/May)

Eternals July

Shang-Chi Oct

I think 2022 definitely shift around a bit.

33 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

If November doesn't work for Black Widow, what makes you think February would? Seems like a longer delay could be in order.

That said, after such a long period of time without the MCU, they're going to be coming like a sack of marbles rolling down a hill.

• Like 1

Not so convinced this stays at XMAS if WB does what they should with BATMAN. But that said, not really feeling this. I don't think the last film was particularly well received and that was coming off ENDGAME. 

Aquaman numbers if it is unchallenged; Batman will crush it if it stays 

• Haha 1

Considering that Spider-Verse did very well over Christmas in 2018 along with Aquaman, it's a bit of a no brainer for Sony to opt for December.

I imagine Black Adam will be moving to either November 2021 or Summer 2022. 

44 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

91% on Rotten Tomatoes with 95% Audience score is not well received now? :rolleyes:

I think I gave it a 5 coming back from premiere, would go for more like 3 now.   

But yeah, personal feelings aside the numerical metrics for reception are all pretty good-great

• Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, excel1 said:

Not so convinced this stays at XMAS if WB does what they should with BATMAN. But that said, not really feeling this. I don't think the last film was particularly well received and that was coming off ENDGAME. 

Aquaman numbers if it is unchallenged; Batman will crush it if it stays 

Don't think WB will move Batman to X-mas after Spiderman 3 set its release date there except if Spidey moves again I think (Remember 2015 when BvS moved because Marvel announced that the movie they shared the date with was Civil War and Civil War is a sequel to $700M movie while SM3 is sequel to billion). I think WB isn't that kind of studio that would risk their movie potential over a release date.

Besides if WB really moves it, they both will coexist just fine looking at Xmas box office history. Maybe they'll take a little hit from their maximum potential but they'll be just fine. I find your 'crush' comment to be over exaggerating.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

:hahaha:

I don't get the joke. Does WB have some history of randomly dating their important movies on the exact same spot as larger blockbusters that I’m somehow unaware of? Claudio’s reasoning seems pretty reasonable.

6 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I don't get the joke. Does WB have some history of randomly dating their important movies on the exact same spot as larger blockbusters that I’m somehow unaware of? Claudio’s reasoning seems pretty reasonable.

WB seems pretty adamant about getting a summer release date for Tenet even though it would risk the film flopping.