Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

13 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I don't have insta, so I don't know what they posted.  Are they posting JUST the poster, or the announcement of the trailer.  

Because I am inclined to think they are like the announcement of the trailer, not the shitty poster, lol. 

I'm just saying that either the GA doesn't think the posters are as terrible as some are making it out to be OR posters aren't really all that important in the grand scheme of things OR people are more concerned about a damn trailer than a poster that few even care about in the first place.

(or a little from column A, a little from column B, and a little from column C)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Very confused how to talk about this movie box office wise on here when the box office is directly tied to "spoilers" that everyone knows about. Can someone do an FAQ for me plz

Basically, if it's not in a trailer or mentioned in a news article, it's a spoiler and you have to do a spoiler tag. There are a couple of exceptions, like we had to do with Eternals, but this is the general golden rule, even if it's something everybody knows about and expects.

And honestly, I feel 99% sure that what you're talking about (trust me I know) will be in tomorrow's trailer, so then it will be free reign. But for now, just spoiler tag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

My final prediction 350M domestic and 500M OS

47 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

My hype for this is slowly dying with every poster they release…

$175M OW / $550M DOM!! It’s crashing!!

:ohmygod:

21 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

I think you meant $400M OW*

Still time to enter the opening weekend contest or readjust those numbers. Remember, the predictions for preview nights are closing BEFORE tickets go on sale 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I'm just saying that either the GA doesn't think the posters are as terrible as some are making it out to be OR posters aren't really all that important in the grand scheme of things OR people are more concerned about a damn trailer than a poster that few even care about in the first place.

(or a little from column A, a little from column B, and a little from column C)

I think people are just liking anything related to this movie tbh.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I wonder if they'll release another poster after the trailer comes out especially if the reveals happen

Long long time ago, but it's not unheard of to do that sort of thing.  Gremlins famously had different versions of its movie posters once the reveal of what the gremlins actually were was made.

I dont exactly expect an MCU movie to have amazing posters, but its shame that movie posters in general seems to have been discarded as an art form.  Pretty much everything now is just bland floating head bullshit that looks like it was done in 2 minutes on a computer.  Even the DUNE posters are really terrible.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I dont exactly expect an MCU movie to have amazing posters, but its shame that movie posters in general seems to have been discarded as an art form.  Pretty much everything now is just bland floating head bullshit that looks like it was done in 2 minutes on a computer.  Even the DUNE posters are really terrible.

I think there have been plenty of good MCU posters, but it looks like Sony just finds an intern to take care of it.

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

A great poet once said, "There is a time and a place for subtlety, and that time was before Scary Movie." 

You can take my dry wit and understatement from me when you pry it from my cold dead hands. 👍

• Haha 1