Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

57 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Like this isn’t like Endgame where hiding it works, you’re not showing your biggest sell. It may lead to better WOM maybe but like you’re missing out on a bigger OW and likely a bigger total.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Like this isn’t like Endgame where hiding it works, you’re not showing your biggest sell. It may lead to better WOM maybe but like you’re missing out on a bigger OW and likely a bigger total.

Yes, thank you. You have expressed it far better than I have been able to. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

Yes, thank you. You have expressed it far better than I have been able to. 

Nah at this point everyone knows that they are so far neither the posters or the teaser needed to show them to generate huge hype.Same case here....it will only affect its bo potential if they arent in the movie...

Edited by john2000

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Yeah exactly unless their appearances are cameos only or a major twist I don't see a reason to at least not give them the final shot in the trailer. 

Endgame had all the groundwork laid by Infinity War. NWH doesn't have that.

• Like 4
  • Disbelief 1

I think that some of you are giving this way much of a thought.The movie will be just fine again every marketing so far has break records without showing the you know who...I will only change my bo predict bc of covid OR bc these guys arent in the movie,for no other reason.Anyway i heard that they will tease them...we will see...

9 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah exactly unless their appearances are cameos only or a major twist I don't see a reason to at least not give them the final shot in the trailer. 

Endgame had all the groundwork laid by Infinity War. NWH doesn't have that.

Sure there’s other villains with nostalgia but the vast majority of the GA isn’t aware of the existence of said sell. And the sell is bigger than any old villain returning. Without that, it more or less looks like a normal Spider-Man movie but the old villains are back.

And while one can argue, maybe better WOM there’s only so much one can do with limited showings and a lot of films vying for screen space. This will likely lose PLFs and Imax to Matrix.

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, LPLC said:

Imagine that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are not in the movie, it would be appalling for the fans and the others who were so hopeful that they were there, but would it impact the box office ? Surely, what do you think @charlie Jatinder ?

They’re definitely in it BUT if by some act of the devil they really weren’t in it, I’d cut my box office predictions by about 30%.

5 hours ago, Momori said:

"BRING ME THE PERSON WHO MAKES THESE NWH POSTERS!!"

Whoever is designing these posters is overpaid. he is getting big bucks for something that  a student in a graphic design class would get ripped to shreds by his teacher if he submitted it as a project.

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

What if they aren't in this and it's all just for hype.

It will backfire. It will be seen as "bait and switch" and audeinces will be disspaointed, and WOM will suffer. If you lead people to expect something, if they buy a ticket, you had damn well better deliver.

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

Ah, right. I knew about the TV show but I didn't know there was also a movie. 

Which say something about how sucessful the movie was. 

THe TV show still has a following ..DIana Rigg's Emma Peel has become iconic....but no one remembers the movie.

And in the irony department: Stan Lee cheerfully admitted that after the show became a Hit in the US..one of the few British shows every to become a hit one of the major US Networks prior to cable, they redisgned the Black Widows costume to make her look like Rigg's Mrs.Peel.

54 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Nah at this point everyone knows that they are so far neither the posters or the teaser needed to show them to generate huge hype.Same case here....it will only affect its bo potential if they arent in the movie...

What's everyone?  We are in a very unique position that we pay way too much attention to movies and news about movies.  There are people that just watch trailers and go to movies.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, john2000 said:

The fans and people online keeping updated on the film know. The general public probably don't, I had so many friends and family shocked at Molina being back despite him confirming it months ago. I think it would be a mistake not to show Tobey/Andrew, if it's just hinted at, it would have to be the clearest, most obvious hint ever.