Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

I am with you. I am hoping no Tobey or Andrew. Though I see that as a remote option.

Ah yes, the meltdowns. Those should be fun. I can only imagine how the fan event will go.

People have absolutely no shame telling us they put on a Spider-Man costume like a toddler and left their home for movie trailer that they could watch on their iPhone in less than 3 hours.

The hold Kevin Fiege has over people is crazy. If he and The Rock ran for president and VP they honestly might clinch it at this point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

51 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

After reading the Andrew Garfield interview today, I’m convinced too he’s not in No Way home. I just don’t think he’d straight lie to the media. Fanboys are going to be letdown.

If there's one thing actors are not known for its how they're never paid to lie for a living

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

People have absolutely no shame telling us they put on a Spider-Man costume like a toddler and left their home for movie trailer that they could watch on their iPhone in less than 3 hours.

The hold Kevin Fiege has over people is crazy. If he and The Rock ran for president and VP they honestly might clinch it at this point.

Agreed , as a spidey fan i wouldnt have put a costume and the only way i would be going to that event would be if i was in the city ....

18 hours ago, Menor said:

I mean what do you expect from something like this, they probably threw it together pretty quick. 

To be fair, Sony is kinda doing it to themselves now. There's no reason to hype up a trailer this much if it's just gonna be a normal trailer. Endgame just randomly dropped its second trailer one morning iirc. 

I agree. SONY is setting itself up for a negative reaction, if Mcguire and Garfield are not in the film. People do not like "Bait and Switch" tactics.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Yes, that's my point: even though they leaked in advance they didn't use them, which is why they were still huge moments. They don't need to shout Tobey and Andrew are in it for it to be a hook. Spider-Man sells itself.

The problem is people now EXPECT to see MaGUire and Garfield in the movie. They will be dissapointed if they are not. And SONY seems to be fueling the fire which I think is not a good move if McGuire and Garfield are not in it.

We have real disconnected here between the fanboys and the GA. The GA has been led to beleive that the two previous big screen Spideys are in it,and they will be mad if they are not, even if the film is good. people don;'t like being sold a bill of goods,period.

They're hiding them the way they hid time travel in Endgame. 

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

The problem is people now EXPECT to see MaGUire and Garfield in the movie

Which isn't a problem, since they're in it. That doesn't mean they need to promote it. Word of mouth on this is going to be like lightning. The first trailer got far without them, they don't need to build hype by playing their ace in the hole early.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

On the event they will watch 8 minutes of something, not just the trailer.