Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

That the problem, it could still be a good film bur if the Two previous Spideys are not in it, people will feel they have been sold a bill of goods and that could impact boxoffice.

I know,I know, SONY has never offcially "pushed" the Two Previous Spideys will be in stuff, but they have not discouraged it either, and I think they have to pretty much produce. People don't like bait and switch.

Why would ANY studio touch the subject when it promoted the film by itself?

By that logic the actors himself has said he won't be appearing.

If James Gunn was the director of this, we would know 100% without a doubt whether REDACTED are in this or not.  Anytime some one reports something false about his movies he shoots it down with no hesitation. James Gunn, the rumor slayer.

Sony could’ve squashed this story from day one but they chose not to.

Edited by eddyxx

Just now, eddyxx said:

If James Gunn was the director of this, we would know 100% without a doubt whether REDACTED are in this or not.  Anytime some one reports something case about his movies he shoots it down with no hesitation. James Gunn, the rumor slayer.

Sony could’ve squashed this story from day one but they chose not to.

Nah. Gunn squashes false rumors, so he wouldn’t have commented on this because they are in it.

Some legs thoughts using true fss:

TFA 4.55x (using 54m prev est)

RO 4x

TLJ 3.3x

TROS 3.45x 

Assuming a 5 IM for NWH, these are the overall legs that those true fss legs translate too:

TFA 3.84x

RO 3.4x

TLJ 2.84x

TROS 2.96x

Personally I think it will need bad reception to reach those tlj nums, and I do not expect bad reception. But just in case, a true disaster scenario could be like 3x true fss legs (this is adding 2x instead of TLJ 2.3x, so about 13% worse) for 2.6x overall legs. That would still take 250 to 650.

Just now, Eternal Legion said:

Assuming a 5 IM for NWH, these are the overall legs that those true fss legs translate too:

TFA 3.84x

RO 3.4x

TLJ 2.84x

TROS 2.96x

Oh, and here's with a 5.5 IM:

TFA 3.9x

RO 3.45x

TLJ 2.88x

TROS 3x 

5.5 IM and then tros true fss multi for 3x overall legs is not a huge ask imo.

11 minutes ago, Landon1195 said:

Do you guys think No Way Home can beat Spider-Man's (2002) adjusted domestic gross of $636M?

Can it? Of course

Will it? It's definitely in the realm of possibility but we need more data to be confident enough. 

Edited by Momori
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JWR said:

Call me a pessimist, but I don't see this cracking $200M OW. It will get closer than any other movie this year, but I don't know if the box office has recovered enough to reach $200M.

It’s not pessimism, it’s denial of facts. It would have to collapse to miss $200M at this point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

It’s not pessimism, it’s denial of facts. It would have to collapse to miss $200M at this point. 

We are FOUR days into pre-sales and have no idea what the next week and a half will look like. I am very excited that everyone is excited, but I don’t think a little bit of caution is uncalled for here. And let’s remember that 2x the next largest opening since the pandemic is still excellent and nothing to cry over. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Cap said:

We are FOUR days into pre-sales and have no idea what the next week and a half will look like. I am very excited that everyone is excited, but I don’t think a little bit of caution is uncalled for here. And let’s remember that 2x the next largest opening since the pandemic is still excellent and nothing to cry over. 

Fair enough.

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1