Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I only said that because I couldn’t find any proof or reliable sources of it happening “a lot”. 

It's not exactly a new issue. Hell two late 1970s blockbusters in Superman and Star Trek The Motion Picture were worked/tinkered with up to the very end, to the point that both couldn't do test screenings (and TMP was particularly a nightmare with its VFX issues.) Its why both coincidentally decades later had their own "director's cuts" where the filmmakers went back and got a chance to fix certain editorial choices made by deadlines. 

Of course one of them is a classic that every subsequent spandex movie has responded to while the other kickstarted an enduring film franchise, but not exactly considered top-tier of that series. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Noctis said:

People should live their lives and restrictions should be minimal and if serious restrictions need to happen, let it be for the unvaccinated folk. Sick and tired of things always being worse than what they should be because of them.

Selfish twats.

Why just the unvaccinated? Vaccinated people can still get Covid, pass Covid, and die of Covid too. My fiancee has Covid right now and she's the only one in our household who is vaccinated and the only one with Covid. I had a co-worker who was in his early 40s die of Covid even though he was fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated aren't the enemy. People need to stop this discriminatory crap

Edited by cheesypoofs

6 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

Why just the unvaccinated? Vaccinated people can still get Covid, pass Covid, and die of Covid too. My fiancee has Covid right now and she's the only one in our household who is vaccinated and the only one with Covid. I had a co-worker who was in his early 40s die of Covid even though he was fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated aren't the enemy. People need to stop this discriminatory crap

In the UK more than 4/5ths of covid patients in hospital are unvaccinated. Pretending there's an equivalence between the two groups is pointless.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

Vaccinated people are much less likely to get covid, pass covid, and die of covid. You should all get vaccinated, you’re risking your own lives and other’s for nothing.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

Breakthrough cases are still a thing but overall vaccinated people are way less likely to experience all of that. Unvaccinated people who refuse to get vaccinated are certainly the enemy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

I had a co-worker who was in his early 40s die of Covid even though he was fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated aren't the enemy. 

Ah yes, we're at the part of the COVID debate where alleged anecdotes count more than research or statistics themselves. Okay then.

Also we're going a bit offtopic here. There's a COVID thread for this discussion. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RRA said:

It's not exactly a new issue. Hell two late 1970s blockbusters in Superman and Star Trek The Motion Picture were worked/tinkered with up to the very end, to the point that both couldn't do test screenings (and TMP was particularly a nightmare with its VFX issues.) Its why both coincidentally decades later had their own "director's cuts" where the filmmakers went back and got a chance to fix certain editorial choices made by deadlines. 

Of course one of them is a classic that every subsequent spandex movie has responded to while the other kickstarted an enduring film franchise, but not exactly considered top-tier of that series. 

Return of the King was like finished like days before the world premiere iirc. Jackson didnt even get to see the finished film till there at the premiere. I remember a similar story with Transformers. 

Of course recently we had a case with Cats where the movie was in wide release and wasnt finished and had to be "patched" lol

Edited by Jackstraw
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Don’t most movies have press screenings at least a week or two in advance? Surely those movies weren’t being worked on down to the 11th hour?

Dune's earlier screenings this year were unfinished, same as all the new Star Wars, The Avengers (they worked so late on this that certain countries didnt get particular effects and the end credit scene), LOTR, and many others. 

They can cut it very close on movies.

The movie would be in a completely acceptable state, its just not technically finished. It also doesn't just relate to VFX, music can also be unfinished. 

Edited by AJG
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Multiverse of XXR said:

Let’s stop talking about the COVID stuff n this thread. There’s a thread for that.

Yes we have a main COVID thread for most of the COVID talk!  But we are still in a pandemic and we're all on a forum about an industry that has been more effected by it(and still is) perhaps more than any other except maybe the restaurant business so its inevitably going to come up in a lot of threads, especially whenever new variants pop up or safety measures are imposed that could impact boxffice grosses so I don't think we need to release the hounds every time it happens unless it goes on for pages.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Vaccinated people are much less likely to get covid, pass covid, and die of covid. You should all get vaccinated, you’re risking your own lives and other’s for nothing.

That is false. 

Y'all better put your coats on. I'm cold because others aren't wearing their coats

• Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 4

4 hours ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

I am vaxed and boostered and do not plan on canceling plans or returning to masks I have no sympathy whatsoever for the unvaccinated

Masks is still necessary especially for indoor activities during winter. Although it is unlikely to die from Covid if you are vax but even with mild symptom, you can still get 3-5 sick days. Falling sick (even if you are not dying)  is still a nuisance and troublesome experience to go through especially in my case, I have bought my IMAX show for NWH with another 7, and I wouldn't want any sickness to ruin my moviegoing trip. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, infamous5445 said:

Breakthrough cases are still a thing but overall vaccinated people are way less likely to experience all of that. Unvaccinated people who refuse to get vaccinated are certainly the enemy.

No they are not. All of you guys need to stop falling for the divide and conquer tactics of the governments of the world. It's clear as day, stop choosing to be blind

4 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Ah yes, we're at the part of the COVID debate where alleged anecdotes count more than research or statistics themselves. Okay then.

Also we're going a bit offtopic here. There's a COVID thread for this discussion. 

I'm sorry that my personal experiences are a burden to the Covid narrative