Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

51 minutes ago, Multiverse of XXR said:

2.5x legs would be worse than TLJ or TROS. Doesn't seem likely at that OW, IMO. 

If it came in at $200M, I'd expect legs of 2.9-3.2x.

I think this is the floor to me personally... how well it holds depends on how many of the people who not been in a theater in 2 year crowd shows up. 

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I saw The clip on the bridge. Looks AMAZING

That one looked good. The clip with the "Runes," on the other hand...yeesh. You're telling me they couldn't write the multiverse-breaking spell any better than that? The whole situation is so contrived. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Menor said:

That one looked good. The clip with the "Runes," on the other hand...yeesh. You're telling me they couldn't write the multiverse-breaking spell any better than that? The whole situation is so contrived. 

i want only 1 thing from this movie

that makes me have fun

So TASM 2 definitely the worst live action Spidey film so far but has some decent moments still. The end with Gwen does still have an emotional impact and I think what Andrew's Spidey does the best is the interactions with fellow NY people. 

With how the movie ends I'm actually more interested to see where Andrew's Spider-Man is at this stage of his life than Tobey's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

i want only 1 thing from this movie

that makes me have fun

1 hour ago, Menor said:

I think it will be fun at least, unless I don't get my T&A action. 

At the risk of over-reading, I do raise a slight eyebrow at comments like this:

In a recent discussion about Spider-Man: No Way Home, Tom Holland says that his third film will have an entirely different feel than its predecessors.

Holland's first solo film as the web-slinging hero premiered in 2017, followed by its sequel in 2019. According to Holland, Spider-Man: No Way Home won't be as light-hearted as Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Man: Far From Home.

While discussing the upcoming Spider-Man film with Total Film, Holland says that people will be surprised to find out that Spider-Man: No Way Home is not a fun film. "It's dark and it's sad, and it's going to be really affecting," Holland said. "You're going to see characters that you love go through things that you would never wish for them to go through." Holland went on to say that he was happy to explore this new side of Peter Parker, as the character is traditionally optimistic when it comes to his abilities to fix any situation that arises. "He's always like, 'I can fix this. I can do this,'" Holland said. "Whereas in this film, he feels like he's met his match. He's like, 'I don't really know what to do.'"

I'm sure this has already been throughly discussed in this thread, but, I dunno.  If the stars of the film keep telling folks not to expect Happy Fun Times, maybe it's not going to be all that Fun.

===

I have stepped back from some of my concerns, as on reflection (and the IW/EG example) catharsis done right could do gangbusters in this environment.  At the same time I'd be lying if I didn't have a slight concern overall given that Fun Is In right now. 

How will people react if they're expecting one type of movie, but get another?  Gonna find out soon enuf, I suppose.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I'm sure this has already been throughly discussed in this thread, but, I dunno.  If the stars of the film keep telling folks not to expect Happy Fun Times, maybe it's not going to be all that Fun.

===

I have stepped back from some of my concerns, as on reflection (and the IW/EG example) catharsis done right could do gangbusters in this environment.  At the same time I'd be lying if I didn't have a slight concern overall given that Fun Is In right now. 

How will people react if they're expecting one type of movie, but get another?  Gonna find out soon enuf, I suppose.

Wouldn’t be spider-man:endgame without some serious sad vibes

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Porthos said:

===

I found Endgame fun and it has plenty of sadness, so as Legion says, that kind of vibe is what I'm expecting here.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Porthos said:

===

No, maybe I haven't explained myself.
I don't want to laugh I want to be entertained for the duration of the film like with Infinity war

• Like 1

"An official Amazon India listing from Sony Entertainment quoted that the Steelbook 4K UHD + Blu-ray (2-Disc) edition of Spider-Man: No Way Home is set to release “around April 30, 2022.” 

"If accurate, this would break the trend of Tom Holland's Spider-Man movies being released on Blu-ray three months after their theatrical releases, since Spider-Man: No Way Home releases in December 2021 and this listing indicates that the Blu-ray edition won’t be available until about four-and-a-half months later at the end of April 2022."

1 hour ago, Momori said:

"An official Amazon India listing from Sony Entertainment quoted that the Steelbook 4K UHD + Blu-ray (2-Disc) edition of Spider-Man: No Way Home is set to release “around April 30, 2022.” 

"If accurate, this would break the trend of Tom Holland's Spider-Man movies being released on Blu-ray three months after their theatrical releases, since Spider-Man: No Way Home releases in December 2021 and this listing indicates that the Blu-ray edition won’t be available until about four-and-a-half months later at the end of April 2022."

Good

5 hours ago, Momori said:

This Twitter account just spams us with nonsense. That’s a placeholder. It’ll be out to watch at home in 45 days like every other movie. I understand clickbait but the extent the Direct site goes to is ridiculous.

• Like 1