Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

Saw it.

I was expecting awful, in line with the last dozen MCUs, and got mediocre, which makes it the best one since Doctor Strange, another mediocrely enjoyable superhero entry. 

Watts as a director puzzles me. Dude does a lot of embarrassing shit: take that one moment that is supposed to be a callback to TASM2. Mostly, he’s just in sleep mode, coming alive two or three moments in the whole thing.

Giacchino surprised, tho. That’s for me the only thing that really works, and the only nostalgia bait that go me. His best music in a while.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 3

On 11/16/2021 at 8:36 PM, Blankments said:

Instead of predicting the movie's box office, it will be more fun to predict the billing

Tom Holland

Zendaya

Benedict Cumberbatch

Jacob Batalon

Alfred Molina

Jon Favreau

Marisa Tomei

Jamie Foxx

Benedict Wong

JB Smoove

With REDACTED

With J.K. Simmons

With Willem Dafoe

And MORE EXPENSIVE REDACTED

Final results were:

Tom Holland

Zendaya

Benedict Cumberbatch

Jacob Batalon

Jon Favreau

Jamie Foxx

Willem Dafoe

Alfred Molina

Benedict Wong

Tony Revolori

With Marisa Tomei

And Andrew Garfield

And Tobey Maguire

J.K. Simmons didn't get a credit in the animated portion, JB Smoove shared a smaller credit with the other two teachers.

This probably ended up falling into the same trap as The Force Awakens where PGA likely wasn't able to see it in time due to the fact no one got to see it at all until the last minute as the movie was being kept in secrecy. But even if it had made it this isn't getting nominated for Best Picture regardless. Sound and Visual Effects noms will be its Oscar reward.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

So much for those Oscars

The fact that no one even knew what you were talking about shows just how invisible this Oscar season is. No one is talking about it. A lot of that is due to no GG, but it’s crazy just how far they have fallen in the past few years. 

2 hours ago, Nerfy said:

The fact that no one even knew what you were talking about shows just how invisible this Oscar season is. No one is talking about it. A lot of that is due to no GG, but it’s crazy just how far they have fallen in the past few years. 

The PGA is the most important BP precursor. There's been tons of articles and headlines written about it yesterday

• Like 1

I can’t believe that some people seriously thought this was a legitimate best picture contender. Don’t get me wrong, I loved it, it’s top tier MCU, but it’s a fun popcorn blockbuster and is the 3rd/8th/27th film in a franchise, which is hardly the type of film that the academy loves.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I can’t believe that some people seriously thought this was a legitimate best picture contender. Don’t get me wrong, I loved it, it’s top tier MCU, but it’s a fun popcorn blockbuster and is the 3rd/8th/27th film in a franchise, which is hardly the type of film that the academy loves.

This whole ploy was just MCU stans trying to will something into existence so they can have bragging rights and stick it to Film Twitter. Sad but true.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Eric Poirot said:

This whole ploy was just MCU stans trying to will something into existence so they can have bragging rights and stick it to Film Twitter. Sad but true.

The thing is though, does Black Panther not count anymore?

45 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

After last year’s Academy Awards, a lot of people assumed that Eternals would be a big Oscar contender, and when it became clear that wouldn’t be the case, I guess MCU fans decided to move on to NWH. 

7 hours ago, AJG said:

ITS A SCANDAL!!!!!

Can't disagree with him there.

"Don't Look Up" is the biggest WTF nomination I have seen in a while. I am convinced the only reason it got a nod was many academy voters wanted to show they are concerned with Global Warming.

But then the acedemy has had a long history of nominating mediorce or downright bad films for awards just becuase the films has a Message....

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

After last year’s Academy Awards, a lot of people assumed that Eternals would be a big Oscar contender, and when it became clear that wouldn’t be the case, I guess MCU fans decided to move on to NWH. 

It's going to be a while before CBM get serious academy consideration for BP.

Look at how long it took for a Sci Fi or fantasy film to win a BP oscars.

Or the long stiffing that Westerns got: A western .."Cimmeron" won a BP Oscar in 1931, but it took until 1990 until another one won "Dances With Wolves",