Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

Per Marvel studios spoilers, some (moderately credible imo) rumors of a March 11 extended edition in Indonesia and presumably global. @catlover @newbie BO buff have you heard any whispers related to this?   

It would not be too surprising given that it happened for Endgame and FFH. Should push past 800/1.9B if so.

• Astonished 2

yeah yeah it might just be me being salty but I still want to ask

(Domestic only) Whos idea was it to give NWH 3 months of free reign over the pg-13 demographic

There's been a absolutely nothing since ghostbusters (also what allowed it to almost have a 4x multiplier). There's been 2 animated movies but both quickly got their wings cut by streaming and also one of them can probably be dismissed as kiddie shit by most families with teenagers in it and the other looking at OW breakdown mostly appealed to women and latinos. There's moonfall and 355 I guess but those were always destined to be flops. There's a remake of a 250 year old musical. American underdog was true to its name. There's Death on the Nile I guess, but that had its own problems and it seems like an old people movie. Pretty much every other big release since has been r-rated or oscar nominees no one cares about.

Uncharted is the first movie that can be called competition to NWH and that was after nothing during december,january and bigger part of february. I know Morbius was supposed to come out in january, but were there ever any plans for another decently "big" pg-13 movie to release during december-january-february . Avatar 2 doesn't count.

Where was Jumanji 3 (or atleast a live action comedy)? Something for families with not-so-young children (let's say 10-20 year olds) to watch 

How much less would NWH have made if Morbius stuck to its release date?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

15 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

yeah yeah it might just be me being salty but I still want to ask

(Domestic only) Whos idea was it to give NWH 3 months of free reign over the pg-13 demographic

The 'rona's.

(Also Sony deciding to play with its balance book by shifting Morbius to Q2 in an effort to make that quarter look better on the balance sheet)

• Like 1

17 weekend widow before home video release is insane nowadays. I'm glad it happened so NWH could max out its boxofffice potential. Digital release shouldn't have an impact.

Who would have thought Disney would be the first to kill off the theatrical window while Sony would still support it?

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

17 weekend widow before home video release is insane nowadays. I'm glad it happened so NWH could max out its boxofffice potential. Digital release shouldn't have an impact.

Who would have thought Disney would be the first to kill off the theatrical window while Sony would still support it?

I guess that’s what happens when you’re the only major studio who doesn’t have a streaming service. 

42 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

It had to be tempting to release NWH early to digital.

The only stupid thing Sony did recently was selling Hotel transylvania 4 to Amazon.

"The only" they did it with every single animated movie.

The Mitchells vs The Machine was great, it had potential.