Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

43 minutes ago, Impact said:

As much as I love it, I really hope there is no Spidey for a while.

2024 is my expectation, with 2025 as the latest. That's strictly speaking for a Spider-Man film. He could appear in something else before that though. 

After three months of thinking about it, I don’t know where you can really go for a fourth Tom Holland movie. Seeing proper MCU versions of the villains we saw in this movie is seemingly out of the question, and Kraven is getting his own solo movie. What else is there left? Agent Venom? A Daredevil teamup against Kingpin? 

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Sony should've added some fake applause and screaming for the Tobey and Andrew entrance scene (which I think sitcoms used to do for cameo appearences) in the blu-ray. It just does not work without it.

You’re supposed to provide the screaming yourself, like those interactive cartoons for kids. This was the true Dora the Explorer movie all along :sparta:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Sony should've added some fake applause and screaming for the Tobey and Andrew entrance scene (which I think sitcoms used to do for cameo appearences) in the blu-ray. It just does not work without it.

We all knew it'd happen, but the movie is really aging like milk already. 💀

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

20 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Oof, I hadn't seen the movie but I looked up the scene on youtube and it's so awkwardly paced and structured with all the silence lol, surreal stuff.

https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/1502683656715833349?s=20&t=ArlBb-pG9U9-zyMBJOhFYw

Edited by TheDude391

Yeah, it definitely loses something without the reactions, much more so than similar Marvel crossover scenes (Portals, Thor entrance, etc.). I think the score just isn't matched well to how impactful the scene is to the narrative. Should have played their themes. 

Hopefully the scene where they meet Tom doesn't age that badly, that was the one I really loved in the movie rather than the actual T&A arrival. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I mean it's not like this movie has suddenly changed in quality, it  has always been full of holes and the action and visuals (especially the ugly looking and muddled climax) were average to weak. Strong acting, fan service moments, and some genuine stakes and emotion weight allow this to be a good film but Jon Watts and the scriptwriters are far from masters

Edited by John Marston
  • Disbelief 1

9 hours ago, John Marston said:

I mean it's not like this movie has suddenly changed in quality, it  has always been full of holes and the action and visuals (especially the ugly looking and muddled climax) were average to weak. Strong acting, fan service moments, and some genuine stakes and emotion weight allow this to be a good film but Jon Watts and the scriptwriters are far from masters

I think emotionally the movie really hits way way stronger then the other Tom Holland Spiderman movies.

and a result it connected with people well.

On 3/12/2022 at 6:22 PM, WittyUsername said:

After three months of thinking about it, I don’t know where you can really go for a fourth Tom Holland movie. Seeing proper MCU versions of the villains we saw in this movie is seemingly out of the question, and Kraven is getting his own solo movie. What else is there left? Agent Venom? A Daredevil teamup against Kingpin? 

Spoiler

The obvious set up is to go with Spidey in college and ending up fighting the Ned Leeds version of Hobgoblin, now that Spidey has wiped all memory of their friendship away from him.  If you thought the ending to this 3rd movie was crushing, this could be an all time Spidey agony story b/c he would have made it happen all by himself...Ned is an established tech genius, after all...

https://deadline.com/2022/03/spider-man-no-way-home-box-office-record-home-entertainment-sales-1234987542/

At the same time, Deadline hears that the Tom Holland-Zendaya-Benedict Cumberbatch movie sold 2.1M+ units in the U.S. during its first week of digital release, the pic made available on March 15. We’re informed on good authority that’s a digital sales industry record for a movie in its first week, ahead of all previous rival titles. No Way Home debuted on digital platforms 88 days after its theatrical release — a rare pre-pandemic traditional window. Back of the napkin revenue for No Way Home‘s electronic sales is close to $42M, off a $19.99 price.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2022 at 9:15 AM, Villain Legion said:

Only mcu trilogy without a great movie. Gotg2 and AM already have one so no risk there — could be quite a long time before it gets some company. 

The first GOTG is great... So no.