Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

On 4/26/2022 at 4:16 PM, Mojoguy said:

No one will care about covid in 2024 anymore so that should help.

Bring in Venom if they want the next trilogy to start off on a high note.

Many people would've said the same thing about 2022.

And yeah, that's ridiculous. I'm so glad that Sony didn't cave. Granted it would've potentially cost more money than they even got from China to make the changes.

Edited by poweranimals

I mean, the statue obviously wasn't the actual reason. It's just a handy excuse.

If the finale hadn't revolved around it as a crucial location, I bet you they would have told them to remove all Green Goblin's violence or some other obviously impossible challenge they could never have met. 

It was basically just a way of telling them to piss off that still left the door open for potential future movies. 

Edited by TerwillikerInst
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Loved the film, but no thanks to this shameless cash grab. It’d be hilarious if it’s just similar to what Disney did with Endgame and marketed a bunch of post credit out of context deleted scenes/BTS material as an “extended version”.

Was just thinking that. The fact that it's called an "Extra Fun Stuff" version instead of an "Extended Cut" makes me feel like this is just going to have some new special features tacked on after the credits. Maybe whatever this new thing is they shot with the three of them.

• Like 2

Between this and those Spielberg IMAX re-releases announced yesterday, studios are starting to realize that they the dog days of summer are even more dead than usual this year since the instantly forgotten flops have pretty much vanished from the multiplex.

So scummy of Sony to advertise deleted scenes for the home video release, then pull them last minute (lots of copies still mention them as extras on the back of the box)...only to charge again now for them. Also I suspect this is gonna be similar to Endgame's rerelease, a featurette and a half finished deleted scene at the end. But "more fun" could mean a legit extended cut so who knows. 

Edited by TheDude391

Once upon a Deadpool: 6M (~1.9%)

FFH expansion: ~5M (~1.3%)

AEG expansion: ~16M (~1.9%) 

If it’s weak content like those 3, I expect ~15M total. I suspect this will actually have some more goods and go for closer to 25+.

• Like 1