Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

Just now, john2000 said:

did i ever said that people arent allowed to talk about it ? NO ,what i said simply was that this conversation imo at the end of the day is pointless and probably a waste of everyones energy lets just sit back and see how it unfolds we will know soon enough, imo right now we simply have no info whatsover we are just making circles this is just my opinion though feel free to ignore it.

It’s not pointless. It’s a conversation about capitalism and how cruel the industry is and the potential damage it will cause workers and future releases. It’s one of the biggest topics surrounding film at the moment considering the looming deadline. It’s not a waste of energy. If you don’t want to engage, then don’t

Have you actually read any articles or testimonies from the union? There’s plenty of info. It’s not “making circles”. 

Just now, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

It’s not pointless. It’s a conversation about capitalism and how cruel the industry is and the potential damage it will cause workers and future releases. It’s one of the biggest topics surrounding film at the moment considering the looming deadline. It’s not a waste of energy. If you don’t want to engage, then don’t

Have you actually read any articles or testimonies from the union? There’s plenty of info. It’s not “making circles”. 

dude did you  even read my comment i am simply talking ABOUT THE POTENTIAL DELAYS , i am not talking about the situation as a whole/

Just now, john2000 said:

dude did you  even read my comment i am simply talking ABOUT THE POTENTIAL DELAYS , i am not talking about the situation as a whole/

The potential delays would occur if the strike happens lol. The delays are part of the conversation so yes, it’s natural and perfectly fine to contemplate 

Just seems you’re triggered by the discussion and possibility of a Spider-Man delay because you want to see it in theaters (as do I). You’re upset by any delays. If you don’t want to see the rightful and valid discussion of a very real possibility because it’s that sensitive, ignore it. But don’t speak for others by telling them to sit back. It’s a discussion and hypothetical that will cause passionate conversation 

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

The potential delays would occur if the strike happens lol. The delays are part of the conversation so yes, it’s natural and perfectly fine to contemplate 

Just seems you’re triggered by the discussion and possibility of a Spider-Man delay because you want to see it in theaters (as do I). You’re upset by any delays. If you don’t want to see the rightful and valid discussion of a very real possibility because it’s that sensitive, ignore it. But don’t speak for others by telling them to sit back. It’s a discussion and hypothetical that will cause passionate conversation 

i just dont see the point from the moment that  we will know the answer in about 5 days.

Edited by john2000

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

This is ridiculous. We can’t censor discussion around a major current event 

They aren’t trying to “censor” you, get a grip. They just pointed out (correctly) that this topic is pretty much exhausted already of anything useful for anyone to say, and going around in circles with variations of “a strike might delay this, but also it might not if things are resolved quickly” is a tedious waste of space. There’s nothing to do but wait for more news on the negotiations 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Let There Be Legion
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Let There Be Legion said:

They aren’t trying to “censor” you, get a grip. They just pointed out (correctly) that this topic is pretty much exhausted already of anything useful for anyone to say, and going around in circles with variations of “a strike might delay this, but also it might not if things are resolved quickly” is a tedious waste of space. There’s nothing to do but wait for more news on the negotiations 🤷‍♂️

Topics being exhausted has never stopped discussions here before whether you think they’re tedious 

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Topics being exhausted has never stopped discussions here before whether you think they’re tedious 

Truly don’t know what your point is. If pointless discussions have occurred on the past (which is of course true) that doesn’t obligate me to approve of more in the present.

On 10/12/2021 at 1:06 PM, Momori said:

I'd agree with you if we weren't in a Pandemic. As of right now, I'm thinking more 170M-200M. You never know, I might change my predictions on this the closer we get to NWH's release. Very excited to see how Eternals performs. 

I love how people are guaranteeing the next infinity war despite the fact that no Spider-Man films even sniffed it, we have no idea if the reviews are going to be amazing and typically Sony messes up everything, there's a pandemic, an inflation is hurting a lot of things including people's budgets.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. 600 million domestic would be absolutely monstrous but if you look at the predictions on this thread it would be actually a huge disappointment which is hilarious.

Feels like a detective Pikachu thread. I definitely don't expect this to bomb and I expected to crush FFH numbers domestically. International is a crapshoot thanks to China

Edited by cdsacken

On 10/12/2021 at 1:08 PM, Knights of Ren said:

225M is happening and all the people that called me delusional can kick rocks 😂

This is an EVENT ala TFA, IW, ect 

It's possible. It's FAR FAR from a lock.

225 in a weekend is incredibly hard and remember the following weekend is going to be incredible as is the ENTIRE week following the 19th. No school and Christmas on a Saturday? If it does worse than expected probably has way better legs than anticipated. If it hits your 225+ probably hits 650+ might as well beat black panther then.

Edited by cdsacken

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

no one is going to walk out from a spider-man movie because the VFX wasn't finished. as long as it looks acceptable. they should keep this release date imo. it will make them money either way.

Who will cut the VFX into the movie?

Who will edit the sound effects for the VFX?

Who will mix the sound?

Who will master the DCPs for the theaters?

Who will cut and conform the negative and strike any prints (if there’s going to be any film prints)?

• Like 13

2 hours ago, RealLyre said:

no one is going to walk out from a spider-man movie because the VFX wasn't finished. as long as it looks acceptable. they should keep this release date imo. it will make them money either way.

Glad you’re not the director.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Who will cut the VFX into the movie?

Who will edit the sound effects for the VFX?

Who will mix the sound?

Who will master the DCPs for the theaters?

Who will cut and conform the negative and strike any prints (if there’s going to be any film prints)?

Scabs.

• Like 2