Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

What happened? Did Jon Watts shit the bed ? Is he off Fan4?

The upcoming winter slate of every studio might be delayed because the studio heads are cruel greedy bastards. Where did you get that idea about F4?

If this were to be delayed, I imagine it would just swap dates with Morbius (which has been finished for a while given that it was supposed to be out 15 months ago) and give January a surefire blockbuster. Guess it all depends on how long the strike (should it come to pass) lasts, I doubt it goes on anywhere nearly as long as the WGA strike of 14 years ago did given the power of social media in this day and age (which is likely what ended up preventing another WGA strike from almost occurring a few years back).

Edited by filmlover

30 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

LOL @ NWH getting TROS'd in Russia! Nothing like food commercials spoiling movies. :rofl:

Spoiler

I saw the purported ad and it's just a screengrab from the Garfield movies. It looks more like the people making it looked up an image of Spidey and didn't check to see if it was Tom Holland or not.

Edited by cookie

10 minutes ago, cookie said:
  Hide contents

I saw the purported ad and it's just a screengrab from the Garfield movies. It looks more like the people making it looked up an image of Spidey and didn't check to see if it was Tom Holland or not.

well, BK Germany was acting like spoilers they used in BK campaign weren't real (though they obviously were ha ha) so I'm pretty sure Russians aren't all that innocent here either. 

:lol:

2 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

https://ew.com/movies/tom-holland-spider-man-no-way-home-preview/

Tom Holland opens up about Spider-Man: No Way Home and facing off against Alfred Molina

"It was really fun to watch him see how technology has advanced," Holland adds. "When he was making these films, the arms were puppets, and when we did it, they're all imaginary and CG. It was quite cool to see him relive it, but also relearn it."

That's not a good thing Tom.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

If this were to be delayed, I imagine it would just swap dates with Morbius (which has been finished for a while given that it was supposed to be out 15 months ago) and give January a surefire blockbuster. Guess it all depends on how long the strike (should it come to pass) lasts, I doubt it goes on anywhere nearly as long as the WGA strike of 14 years ago did given the power of social media in this day and age (which is likely what ended up preventing another WGA strike from almost occurring a few years back).

It would be so odd for this movie to debut at the end of January! A date is a date is a date, I know that, but it would feel....I don't know...off? There is something about following these huge box office runs over the holidays ever since Star Wars The Force Awakens that I'm kinda getting used to.

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

"It was really fun to watch him see how technology has advanced," Holland adds. "When he was making these films, the arms were puppets, and when we did it, they're all imaginary and CG. It was quite cool to see him relive it, but also relearn it."

That's not a good thing Tom.

There's tons of shots with CG arms in Spider-Man 2. For all this talk "practicul gud > 'puter bad" people really don't understand how it works

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MOVIEGUY said:

There's tons of shots with CG arms in Spider-Man 2. For all this talk "practicul gud > 'puter bad" people really don't understand how it works

And there are tons of practical arms in it too. Holland is saying it's all CG in this movie, which sucks. Marvel is so fucking lazy. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

If it's delayed, it's heading to March or later...no one is gonna open a family friendly movie in the middle of January...

But, it's not getting delayed b/c I am gonna stay optimistic for once:)...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

If it's delayed, it's heading to March or later...no one is gonna open a family friendly movie in the middle of January...

But, it's not getting delayed b/c I am gonna stay optimistic for once:)...

black panther opened in february, which was also considered a dead month

16 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

And there are tons of practical arms in it too. Holland is saying it's all CG in this movie, which sucks. Marvel is so fucking lazy. 

If there's one thing that Marvel does NOT have going for them it's their CGI, both in terms of quality and reliance on it.  Marvel's bread and butter is the extraordinary narrative they've created that so many people are invested in. That's what keeps me watching them anyway. In terms of quality of visuals, I go elsewhere for that. Marvel movies are treated exactly what their comic precursors are: the latest issue/chapter of the overall narrative. They're almost an entirely different thing from standard movies.

11 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Lmao no way this moves to March. At furthest, if it does move, it bumps Morbius.

I guess I figured all Marvel movies would shit a slot. SM: NWH to March 25, DSitMoM to May 6, T: LaT to July 8 etc. etc.

Let's hope it's all irrelevant and the studios and IATSE figure this out.

12 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Lmao no way this moves to March. At furthest, if it does move, it bumps Morbius.

I have a hard time imagining them placing this movie in January. Yes, it will do well no matter what, but...I have a hard time imagining it. Jan is still the dumpest of all dump months.