Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

2 hours ago, Momori said:

Spider-Man: No Way Home RT score. (I'm from the future btw)

unknown.png

Jokes aside, NWH is going to be critic-proof either way. 

If Venom was critic proof, Spidey is even more so (And I did not like the Venom movies very much).

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I don't think Spidey is critic proof. People have some standards when it comes to it. Proof The Amazing Spiderman didn't do too hot and they abandoned the ship

Apples and Oranges. 

People did not like the first ASM movie, and were hoping the second would be better. When it was, if anything, worse that is when Sony pulled the plug and made the deal with Marvel Studios.

The MCU Spidey has been very well received,and I think is popular enough to survive any critical reception unless it is down n the 20 and 30s.

9 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

The entire Empire pages are out there, confirming Dafoe, Haden Church and Ifans.

From my understanding, the quotes within Empire merely refer to these rumors of villains and the likely casting of them, which director Jon Watts then denies...  

16 hours ago, poweranimals said:

And I just told you why. 🤪 When your bar for quality is Spider-Man 3 it's kinda hard to disappoint.

But that’s the best live action Spidey in the past fourteen years.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, John Marston said:

Apparently  he denies Electro but Jamie Foxx has confirmed he is in it…

No he didn't!  Where's that social media post? [Shhhhh]  🤫

Edited by Macleod

I think it's a huge mistake to bring in characters from the other two Spiderman movie franchises. I think all the Maguire and Garfield movies are utterly horrible. I liked the original Spider-Man in 2002, but I was 12 at the time. Going back now I can't even sit through any of the Raimi or Garfield films and I truly don't understand how Spider-Man 2 was ever considered a good movie. I fell asleep at the theater when it came out, even. Nobody ever liked Spider-Man 3, which they shouldn't, but I consider the other movies nearly as bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, famicommander said:

I think it's a huge mistake to bring in characters from the other two Spiderman movie franchises. I think all the Maguire and Garfield movies are utterly horrible. I liked the original Spider-Man in 2002, but I was 12 at the time. Going back now I can't even sit through any of the Raimi or Garfield films and I truly don't understand how Spider-Man 2 was ever considered a good movie. I fell asleep at the theater when it came out, even. Nobody ever liked Spider-Man 3, which they shouldn't, but I consider the other movies nearly as bad.

that's cause you have shit taste in regards to the raimi movies

• Thanks 1

Just now, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

that's cause you have shit taste in regards to the raimi movies

When was the last time you watched them?

-The fight scenes in the first one have aged like unpasteurized milk

-All the "teenagers" look like they're in their mid 30s

-Peter alternates at breakneck speeds between turning MJ down and trying to win her over

-LEAVE SPIDAH-MAN ALONE BECAWS THIS IN NEW YOHK or something

-Nearly all of the tension between Peter and Harry in the trilogy could've been resolved by a five second conversation

-Doc Oc, who has no super powers, takes dozens of full power punches and kicks to the face from Spidey, tanks them, then gets knocked out by aunt May's umbrella

-Doc Oc is tasked with bringing Spider-Man back to Harry alive so he... throws an SUV at Peter Parker, who only dodges it with his Spidey sense (Oc didn't know Parker was Spiderman or could dodge cars)?

Sorry, but the movies aren't remotely good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, famicommander said:

When was the last time you watched them?

-The fight scenes in the first one have aged like unpasteurized milk

-All the "teenagers" look like they're in their mid 30s

-Peter alternates at breakneck speeds between turning MJ down and trying to win her over

-LEAVE SPIDAH-MAN ALONE BECAWS THIS IN NEW YOHK or something

-Nearly all of the tension between Peter and Harry in the trilogy could've been resolved by a five second conversation

-Doc Oc, who has no super powers, takes dozens of full power punches and kicks to the face from Spidey, tanks them, then gets knocked out by aunt May's umbrella

-Doc Oc is tasked with bringing Spider-Man back to Harry alive so he... throws an SUV at Peter Parker, who only dodges it with his Spidey sense (Oc didn't know Parker was Spiderman or could dodge cars)?

Sorry, but the movies aren't remotely good.

Last saw them in February, two of them are far better than a mere 'good', and one of them is better than any comic book movie since.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1