Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

34 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean we already know the MCU is jumping straight into the Multiverse stuff with WandaVision, Loki, What If and Doctor Strange. Plus Feige specifically stated he wanted to avoid previous villains, let alone have those villains played by the same actors as the old versions. That to me makes me think this is Spider-Verse. Hell the last movie villain even was about the multiverse (though he was lying)

If it's looks like Spider-verse, smells like Spider-verse, feels like Spider-verse, than it is Spider-verse. People were calling it since JK Simmons popped up and we are getting more and more evidence that multiverse is happening including crossover with old films. 

18 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I didn’t think it was possible, but 2020 keeps finding new ways to surprise me. If this is a multiverse thing though, I have to wonder why they’d want to bring in something from TASM2

Because it's the ultimate geekory and you'd be surprised how many fans want both Tobey and Andrew in the movie with Tom. Like, if we can crossover with Raimiverse why not with TASMverse too? Papa Feige knows what he's doing. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The big thing that confuses me about the prospect of this being a multiverse movie is that it’s currently set to come out before DS2. Wouldn’t that steal some of the thunder away from that movie? 

With Eternals now scheduled for November 2021, I could easily see this jumping to being after Strange. Plus Loki will involve the multiverse and that's definitely before Strange.

55 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't see how it's too soon for Spider-Verse when we already know Marvel is doing the Multiverse

We had an Oscar winning film about the Spider Verse 2 years ago.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't see how it's too soon for Spider-Verse when we already know Marvel is doing the Multiverse

Doctor Strange and Spider-Man are not the same. It wouldn't fit with the current arc of the solo Spidey films. I actually expect the 3rd film to be smaller-scale than FFH (although probably with more  villains). 

• Like 1