Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

This is objectively childish and SM fans are beginning to act like crackheads. The fandom wasn't this weird and toxic till the Raimi/Garfield shills got even a smidgen of hope of their return and became unbearable. I don't even think this movie needs another trailer. Leakers and journos are all telling lies for clout. It's weird. 

On the other hand, I feel like Sony is milking the hype generated by leaks and fake news and is intentionally fanning the frenzy by sitting on promo/content 7 weeks to the release and saying nonsense like 'NWH is like SM:Endgame'. Feige and the actors have at least tried to temper expectations but I'm worried this might all backfire and the fans will finally devour themselves (they're never happy, after all they complained abt SM3 when TASM came out, then said TASM was trash after MCU SM came out, now are back to saying MCU SM is trash).

Edited by thedast

5 hours ago, thedast said:

This is objectively childish and SM fans are beginning to act like crackheads. The fandom wasn't this weird and toxic till the Raimi/Garfield shills got even a smidgen of hope of their return and became unbearable. I don't even think this movie needs another trailer. Leakers and journos are all telling lies for clout. It's weird. 

On the other hand, I feel like Sony is milking the hype generated by leaks and fake news and is intentionally fanning the frenzy by sitting on promo/content 7 weeks to the release and saying nonsense like 'NWH is like SM:Endgame'. Feige and the actors have at least tried to temper expectations but I'm worried this might all backfire and the fans will finally devour themselves (they're never happy, after all they complained abt SM3 when TASM came out, then said TASM was trash after MCU SM came out, now are back to saying MCU SM is trash).

Wasn’t Jon Watts the one who called this movie ‘Spider-Man: Endgame’?

If they can be patient and not put the other Spideys in promos until after release the word of mouth on this will be insane. Between this and the holidays this'll open massive and have fucking crazy legs.

Honestly after all this shit with Eternals this'll be a good palette cleanser to start 2022 off, blowing everything else out of the water.

Edited by SpiderByte

7 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

If they can be patient and not put the other Spideys in promos until after release the word of mouth on this will be insane. Between this and the holidays this'll open massive and have fucking crazy legs.

Honestly after all this shit with Eternals this'll be a good palette cleanser to start 2022 off, blowing everything else out of the water.

You mean end 2021

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Wasn’t Jon Watts the one who called this movie ‘Spider-Man: Endgame’?

Yes, and thats why I didn't mention him lol. The last time Feige told people to chill was when people were over-predicting for Wandavision. It'd be awkward if we have another Mephisto/Ralph Bohner situation. I'm just a cynic I guess.  I rather go in and be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

Edited by thedast

#1 from opening all the way until scream 5? Any takers?

(not to suggest! Matrix will necessarily flop (though I do consider it possible and hbo max will hurt it but rather it'll just coexist while Spider-Man has the larger demographic not unlike jumanji and star wars)

Edited by wintersoldier2021

I know Feige is saying don't raise expectations and all that, but really, if you're going to bring back villains from the old films, I don't see why you wouldn't bring back the heroes. I honestly find the prospect of Holland, Garfield, and Maguire teaming up to be much more exciting than just facing off against old villains. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

(not to suggest! Matrix will necessarily flop (though I do consider it possible and hbo max will hurt it but rather it'll just coexist while Spider-Man has the larger demographic not unlike jumanji and star wars)

I feel like this is just the baseline scenario 

8 minutes ago, Menor said:

I know Feige is saying don't raise expectations and all that, but really, if you're going to bring back villains from the old films, I don't see why you wouldn't bring back the heroes. I honestly find the prospect of Holland, Garfield, and Maguire teaming up to be much more exciting than just facing off against old villains. 

Oh it's definitely bringing them back. They're just trying (not particularly convincingly) to keep it secret till the premiere.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

I think between HBO Max and just how long it's been since Matrix 3, the...inconsistency let's say of the Wachowskis these days, Matrix isn't going to be doing what people expect.

This is most definitely going to be the only film with domestic box office bigger than 300 million $. I also assume it's going to be #1 worldwide as well, when everything is said and done. Could it be the first and only billion dollar film from 2021 remains to be seen.

Edited by ViktorLosAngeles

I love “Matrix”, I remember seeing it in theaters when I was 11. But, truth to be told, although it gained cult following, I’m not sure will it draw enough audience to theaters around Christmas because people will be looking for something lighter to watch, and surge of Covid cases + HBO Max as an alternative won’t work in it’s favor. God forbid if the critics are not liking it, I’d prepare myself for a 40-45 million $ three day opening (65-70 million $ five day).